Chapter 40 - Second Problem Solved

Percy didn't see Kronos until the night, and he refused to lie on the bed. "You're not killing Poseidon."

Kronos scowled at him. "It's war," he stated.

Percy glared at him. "I don't fucking care if it's war! You're not killing my father! Your son!"

Kronos' eyes flashed dangerously. "I do what I want," he snarled. "And he's not my son!"

Percy clenched his jaw. "Not this time. You're gonna keep him alive, because you swore you'd not kill my friends."

"He's not your friend."

"Damn it, Kronos!" Percy shouted angrily, taking a deep breath to calm himself down. "I know you hate him," he said, taking a step towards Kronos, "but he's your son. Despite your feelings towards him, you should give him a chance."

Kronos shook his head. "Even if I wanted to, I can't. It's too late. The Titans have their orders."

Percy shut his eyes. "Please? Don't kill my father. You can just tell Oceanus the new order, right? It's not like the whole of Othrys needs to know."

"Perseus, what you're suggesting... I can't. It's too late," Kronos said. "Besides, he'll die by the end of this war anyway. What difference will a couple months make?"

Percy glared at him. "He not going to die. I won't let you kill him."

Kronos grimaced as he settled on the bed, though Percy wasn't sure if it was from the conversation or the pain from his back. "I have no other option. I will not allow any of the gods to survive this war."

Percy stood in from of Kronos, his arms crossed over his chest. "Then keep him in the cells if you have to. Just... please don't kill him."

Kronos studied Percy for several long seconds before slowly nodding. "I'll see what I can do," he said finally.

Percy felt relief swamp his body. "Damn it, thank you."

"I can't guarantee anything," Kronos continued. "But I'll try. Oceanus would be pleased to capture Poseidon," he added.

Percy nearly collapsed to the ground in his relief. "Thank you, Kronos."

Kronos tugged Percy up, pulling him towards him. Percy resisted briefly, remembering that this was Kronos. "Come on, Hero," Kronos smirked. "I hardly think anything can be worse than the position you woke up in the morning before... and this morning."

Percy flushed. "That was your fault," he point out.

Kronos shrugged carelessly. "I didn't control you, Hero."

"Prick," Percy muttered, letting Kronos pull him closer.

"I don't see how. I'm being nice for once and considering your opinion."

"That doesn't mean you're any less of an ass," Percy grinned.

"That's a matter of opinion," Kronos hummed, wrapping his arms around Percy.

Percy was about Kronos' height, and he inwardly realised that he hadn't seen the Titan at twelve feet for several days, he'd always been at seven feet. Kronos watched Percy silently before pulling him against him, and Percy relaxed against him, his thoughts momentarily returning to Tartarus.

"Mae'n ddrwg gen I," Kronos murmured, his forehead touching Percy's. "Mor ddrwg."

Percy smiled slightly, burying his hands into Kronos' hair. "I know."

Kronos smiled very, very slightly. "Dydw i ddim yn ei haeddu."

Percy grinned widely. "I know that too."