Chapter 69 - The Shadow Falls

Thalia punched Luke. "Asshole!" she exclaimed angrily.

"What the Tartarus, Thals?" Luke demanded.

"Again!" Thalia cried. "Why are you helping him again?"

Luke blinked. "Because I want to?" he offered.

Ethan snorted. "Not helping the situation here."

Thalia made to punch Luke again, but he quickly ducked away. "Stop, alright? Damn it, Thalia!" Luke barked when she punched him again. "Percy, you're not gonna help?"

Percy grinned. "Nah, I'm good."

Annabeth took a deep breath. "Percy, can we talk please?" her eyes flickered to the several dozen beings also in the coliseum.

Selena slipped between Luke and Thalia, Beckendorf in tow. "Thalia, allow him to explain before you start hitting him," she said.

Leo studied Beckendorf. "You're like a legend around Camp." He held his hand out to his formerly-dead brother. "It's nice to finally meet you."

Beckendorf seemed momentarily surprised, before he smiled and nodded, taking Leo's hand in his. "You too - Hyperion hates you."

"Can you blame me?" Hyperion grumbled. "Not only did he have the audacity to mess with my fire, but he also stole my sword!"

Percy smirked. "Stop whining. You're supposed to be Kronos' second-in-command, not a little brat."

"I will throw you off Othrys, you little shit," Hyperion snarled. "Kronos be damned."

Percy just grinned, knowing Hyperion wouldn't follow through with the threat. He gestured to Annabeth. "Come on. Let's go somewhere quieter." He hesitated before grabbing her shoulder and flashing them into his and Kronos' room.

Annabeth raised an eyebrow when she saw the crumpled sheets which neither Percy nor Kronos had been bothered to tidy when they'd woken up that morning. And Percy definitely hadn't planned for Annabeth to see. Percy leant against the wall as he studied Annabeth. "Well?" he prompted when she didn't speak.

Annabeth dragged her gaze from the bed, the sadness in her eyes clear. "You actually like him?"

"Would I really have sex with him if I didn't?" Percy wondered. "Kronos is strong, and he could easily hold me down if he wanted, but I think rape is something which even he shies away from. Don't know why, but I bet his siblings do. He hasn't raped me, Annabeth."

Slowly, the goddess nodded. "And... what about us then?"

Percy sighed. "We're over," he said decisively. "It's been a long time that I've been with Kronos now. And, honestly, we've been over since you never came to rescue me from Tartarus."

"We tried, Percy," Annabeth said lowly. "We tried."

He merely shook his head. "Not enough. If you really wanted to, you'd have found a way to save me. But you didn't. So, sorry, Annabeth, but I really don't love you. I haven't for centuries now."

Annabeth pressed her lips together. "Alright," she relented. "But can we please be friends at least? And I'm not convinced he hasn't brain-washed you or something."

"Well, I was honestly hooked the first time I saw him shirtless," Percy said, cracking a small smile. "Does that count as brain-washing me?"

Annabeth snorted. "Seaweed Brain," she said fondly.

Percy smiled, before he cleared his throat. "But, yeah, we can still be friends. I'd like that. Though... I hope it doesn't make a difference that I'm a Titan?"