Chapter 42 - Leander

"Why did you do that?" Percy demanded angrily as he entered their room – great, now he was thinking of the room as both of theirs. "My own father hates me now."

Kronos raised an eyebrow. "I hardly think I'm the correct person to talk to about father problems."

Percy glared at him. "Poseidon hates me. Because of you."

Kronos frowned slightly. "He would have found out eventually. It was better sooner than later."

"Not with this," Percy growled out.

Kronos was silent for several moments before he spun to face Percy. "When was the last time you went out, Hero?"

Percy was surprised at the sudden change of topic. "Uh... not since before Tartarus," he said, bracing himself for the onslaught of memories that came soon after. He flinched slightly as he felt Kronos' hand touch his arm.

"It's over," Kronos said firmly. "I promise, that won't ever happen again."

Percy shut his eyes. "To me, yeah. But how many others are you going to harm, possibly torture over the course of this war and the time after?"

Kronos sighed, moving to the bed and pulling Percy after him. "Many," he said truthfully, "because they deserve it."

"Why?" Percy asked.

Kronos blinked, slight surprise showing on his face. "Because they're helping Olympus."

"They're fighting for their family," Percy corrected. "Just like you are. Despite how you might not wish it, Olympus and Othrys are family, because of you. You are the father of Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Demeter, and-"

"Stop," Kronos snarled, his eyes dark. "They are not my family."

"Yes, they are," Percy retorted. "They are your family by blood, if not by bond. Your ichor runs through their veins."

"And I will spill it onto the ground to free it," Kronos growled. "The mere idea that they are my children is why I am so determined to destroy them."

Percy shook his head, stepping closer to Kronos. "That's wrong," he murmured. "You should at least give them a chance."

"I did," Kronos rumbled. "And they brought my fortress down on top of me."

"Because you ate them," Percy stated.

Kronos snorted derisively. "They were and are destined to destroy the earth. They are in the process as we speak – beneath their rule mortals have been allowed too much free reign, and are gradually destroying Gaea. Why would I want them to continue to destroy what's mine by birth right?"

"If we're going by birth right it should be Oceanus'," Percy muttered. "Kronos, you have a chance with Poseidon now. A chance to start again. Please don't waste it."

Kronos frowned, though Percy could figuratively see the gears moving in his brain. "Either way," Kronos said, "there's a reason why I asked when the last time you went out was."

Percy sighed, realising that Kronos didn't want to talk about it anymore. "Yeah? Why's that?"

"Because you need some time out of Othrys," Kronos said firmly.

Percy nodded slightly. "I can't argue with that," he grimaced.

Kronos smirked. "Then you'll come?"

"I actually have a choice?"

Kronos nodded. "This time," he said, an obviously teasing tone to his voice.

"How thoughtful of you," Percy said sarcastically.