10

The MH was mostly ready to roll, I just had one more section to lock down outside before I could pull out. Placing the remaining bags in the underneath storage, I secured everything before closing the latch.

Ignoring the bikers who were brave enough to make their way outside, I checked my locks once more before heading out. All in all, only about thirty minutes had passed since my little family reunion. Christ even after all these years it still hurt knowing that they hated me. They held me responsible for their son's death and I let them.

There was no reason explaining to them who he really was, no use tainting the memory of their beloved first born. So instead I let them blame me and disappeared. It was what was best for everyone, especially since the military classified all of the Intel, I had no proof.

My proof laid forever imbedded in my skin. It took me years before I could look at myself naked, burns and jagged scars littered my thighs and majority of my left leg. A daily reminder of how deep the betrayal ran.

"Never took you for a coward, traitor yes, but not a coward. What's the matter Major, to hard having you past smack you in the face?" Ethan seethed, once again behind Axel's arm.

"I did my duty..."

"You KILLED my brother! How the fuck was that your duty! A failed mission that was the lame fucking excuse they gave my parents but I know the truth. You failed to protect him and led him to his slaughter in to a goddamn trap. Choosing to save you own neck instead. And they call you a fucking hero."

Irate, the soldier began to push back against Axel's restraint. I could see it in his eyes he wanted a piece of me and frankly I was done being the military's scapegoat.

"Let him go Axel. You want me Ethan, then come get me. You think I am to blame for your brother's death and you want revenge, then come and get me, but be sure you are prepared to lose."

As I spoke I removed my jacket and weapons and tossed them by the tire of the MH. Adrenaline coursed through my body as my muscles prepared to attack. Axel looked at me like I lost my fucking mind but I knew that Ethan would come after me no matter what, it might as well be now.

Sighing, Axel dropped his arm and Ethan shot forward, the brothers began to form a loose circle around us, nobody said a word. They knew there was more to the story and weren't sure who was in the right at this point, but no one could pass up watching this unfold.

Keeping my focus I watched as Ethan's foot shifted forward seconds before he lunged at me, ducking his fist breezed by my face as mine connected with his kidneys. Stumbling back he swore as he tossed of his leather jacket.

The fight continued pretty much the same, I retained the upper hand the entire time. His fighting techniques were textbook, years of military training at fault. Blood was oozing down his face, his eye cut open from my knuckle. His face starting to swell and his one hand was holding his side where my foot continued to make contact. It was like fighting a cadet, he lacked discipline and execution. A grave mistake when you let your emotions rule your actions.

With a final blow his body crippled to his knees. As I wiped his blood from my fists, I circled his body like the prey he was. What a pitiful excuse of a soldier.

"Christ you are a disappointment Captain, pathetic really. How the hell did you survive this long? You would have never made it on my team."

"You mean the team that didn't survive. No thank you. Ironic how you were the only one to walk away from that mission isn't it Major."

"You know what Ethan you are not worth my time, I see the hatred you have for me in your eyes and I allowed for it to be put there. I had the facts of that day buried to save your family the humiliation from the truth. So you think you know everything? You don't know shit."