34

I watched as Kilb's body laid still on the ground.  Satisfied that there was no way in hell that bastard was ever getting up again, I packed up my shit and moved out of my hiding spot.    He was the third on my list and although little bit harder than Rogers and Ramirez to track down, he still didn't stand a chance.   Not against me.

Climbing into my jeep I pulled up my phone commanding Albert to leak the coordinates and data over to only Agent Timmons.  His team would recover the body ASAP, collect all the evidence from his home and keep things under wrap until I could eliminate all the moving parts.   Agent Timmons was severely pissed that I had run out on my own, but ecstatic about the results.  His messages have calmed down over the last two weeks and now he began feeding me what they were finding.  

And it wasn't good.

Since we didn't know how far up the ladder this shit went, Agent Timmons only had his men working on it in a secured location.

My house.

Albert informed me ten men showed up with Agent Timmons last week after the first body collection.   I gave Albert permission to allow them access to what they needed, other than what I was working on.   The men were secured and no information was being leaked...as of now.  

If the killings became public, the remaining members would go underground and I couldn't afford that, hence why I was moving so fast.   Fortunately my next three targets were all in the same city.  Stupid on their behalf, lucky on mine.   Within forty-eight hours I would be three steps closer to ending this shit.

I had to keep moving...and fast. I was against the clock and sooner or later people were going to start noticing a trail of dead bodies that weren't being reported. My time was running out.

Thank fuck these morons all lived in the Northwest, otherwise my time would have been wasted traveling all over the country. Instead they made it easy on me.

I was about an hour outside my destination when I decided to rest for the night.  As I pulled into the motel parking lot I began to miss the comforts of my motorhome.   But I had to travel under the radar and my white, no-descript jeep did the job a hell of a lot better than my giant mobile home.   But still I hated these dingy rooms they were so depressing. And I liked my Egyptian cotton sheets.

Before I could exit the car my phone began to ring.  Climbing back in and closing the door, for privacy, I answered.

"Talk to me."

"Shit Major are you fucking kidding me.  Tell me where you are and I will send you back up you can't keep doing this."

"Save your breath Agent, now did you find anything?"

"Yes we did.   I had men there two hours after I got the Intel.   Kilb had enough evidence that we can tie him to the bombings. The others had just as much. I don't know how long I can sit on this as the President is making demands.  I still don't know how I am going to explain all this...but now I have no choice."    He paused as I heard the sound of a door slamming.   "You knew didn't you?  That this goes all the way up."

"Yes, I just don't know how far.   The General was the furthest I got, but I am not sure if it ends with him."

"Christ Major you CAN NOT assassinate a General."

"I won't need too.  Trust me Timmons, I know what I am doing.   Give me seven more days and I will have most of this wrapped up.   Get a shadow on the names you are uncovering.   Stick to the plan and cover your asses.   I will do the rest."

I could clearly hear the frustrated sigh through the phone.   I know I was asking a lot but I had no choice.   I needed Agent Timmons to trust me on this.  

"Alright. Now, I have teams in place to take out four other locations we picked up on. Arrests have already been made from the two we just did, all under radar. This is getting too big to keep the lid on. Finish what you need to before this shit blows wide open. FUCK. Either I am receiving a medal for this or going to jail...or Major I am banking on it being the first one."

Laughing I disconnected and grabbed my bag.   He was taking a gamble, I knew this but as long as nothing was leaked my plan would work.  

At least that is what I prayed for.  

And apparently God was still answering prays for a woman like me a day later.   Giles, Esposito, and Laux were easy targets.   The bastards never knew what hit them.   I could have kept them alive but I honestly didn't think a long ass trial, millions of American tax dollars and life in prison were justifiable.   Instead a small gas leak took care of the problem.  

Two days later, Cecil had a fatal car accident during a bad storm but according to reports no ID has been made, nor would there be since the man was already technically dead.   Cunningham's fate was sealed two days after that, poor man suffered a heart attack.   Too bad he could reach his phone to call for help, then again I could have given it to him.

Eight steps closer.