53

It was the middle of the night and finally the house was quiet and all were asleep, except me and Albert of course.  But then again Albert didn't technically sleep unless I turned him off so I guess that just leaves me.   And even though Mac and Harley both tried I just couldn't get my system to shut down.   If only we all had an off button like Albert, life would be so much easier.

You know what else would make my life easier...figuring all this shit out...now that would definitely make my life easier. 

The team spent the day combing through all the data that Dawson had collected.   Majority of it we already knew like names, dates, emails, locations, etc.   Most of this we learned from our previous raids.   So we gained nothing other than reconfirmation and that info was just passed along to the feds for them to handle.   It wasn't our job to build and document the case files, so thank fuck for that.  

Now the bank accounts...now that was good info to discover; within hours Hacker had (happily) emptied the 6 different accounts Dawson had uncovered.   We could determine what to do with the money later, the only important thing was bankrupting these fuckers and cutting off their resources.   

But it was the final file that had me still sitting here in the middle of the night.   It was a list of codes...codes that apparently the organization used when communicating.   We have uncovered them before from various correspondence via emails and texts; recovered from our previous traitors.    Albert deciphered the a few of the codes, but it wasn't until now that those numbers staring me in the face that I realized they were more than just numbers connected to commands.  

They had significance.

Major...

"I know Albert...it just makes this whole thing more fucked up than it already was."

It could be just a coincidence...

"Yeah...except you and me don't operate in coincidences.   We rely on data and facts.    And this shit is no fucking coincidence!"

If I had the programming to be sorry Major, I would be.  

"Thanks Albert.   Glad to know you aren't fully human yet."

What would you like me to do with this information Major.

Sighing I dropped my head to the desk.   From the corner of my eye I could see my notes and beyond that the photo albums.   With all that was going on today they were never put away but instead in the exact spot from this morning when I pulled out the photo of me and Dawson.   Now that photo still laid bent on top of the books.  I could hear him now...any information is good information whether you want it or not soldier...

Still teaching me from the grave.  Well shit, the man was right as usual. 

"Send it on.   There were several codes we never figured out.   It will help the suits while they continue to go blind reading all those fucking emails."

  Done Major.   Anything else?

"Find me Ian."

Working on that Major...I may be a miracle worker but I am no magician.   I have four systems scanning the world for him.   If he shows his face, my processor will pick him up.  Until we determine the unknown I am at a standstill on that.  Why don't you get off your ass and go to bed...tomorrow we have more work to do Major and you are not good cranky.   Don't make me wake Mac.

Laughing at Albert I tiredly pushed myself out of the chair and headed to the door.  The computer was right, I was no good to anyone like this.   Just like everything else I would process it and move the fuck on.   

I heard, Sweet dreams Major, as the door closed behind me.

Smart ass computer...