25

Major are you sure I can't I get you anything?

"No Albert I am fine. Now show me what you got. I am done messing with this fucker."

Instantly images of the most current attack. In three months, four different bases were breached, a bomb denoted and soldiers killed on American soil. The men in DC were calling for blood and every available resource was working on trying to find the culprit.

But Raptor was a goddamn ghost. It was like he didn't exist. There were no traces of him anywhere other than when he publicly takes credit for the attacks. All four attacks, exactly the same. Same time, same 515 feet, same everything. It was like the fucker was messing with us. Even with security on bases being locked down he was still getting in. The question was how?

"Still the same guy?"

Yes Major. I was able to determine a mole on the back of his neck. Placed that in the unknown's file.

Not answering Albert I continued to watch. I watch as the subject walks out of the barracks, places the bomb and then disappears around the building. The bomb goes off and chaos begins. This time Albert is zooming in to something in the background. Squinting I make out the blurred photo of a shadow running between buildings. And that's when it happens.

"STOP! Zoom in more."

Son of a bitch. That was just the break I needed.

"Call Agent T."

Three hours later a very disgruntled and overworked Agent graced my doorstep. This time however he was all alone.

"This better be fucking good Major because I haven't been to sleep in 36 hours. And I still look better then you. What the fuck happened?"

"Just tangled with some Cartel guys, they are no longer a problem. Will have my report to you soon. Hopefully this will make your day. Albert if you will."

The agent flopped in the seat I pushed towards him, my appearance forgotten as the screen changed to yesterday's attack. If this panned out to be what I hoped it to be, we had our first thread of evidence that could point us to the Raptor.

"Son of a bitch. Albert can you..."

Yes Agent the coordinates are being printed for you.

"Jesus Major. I will let you know what I find. By the way I have the boys coming your way, need help on that sex trafficking case that hopefully you can shed some light on for them. Great work Major."

Not expecting to be escorted out I continued to work for a few more minutes before I decided to turn in for the night. I had a date with my shower, some pain killers and some sleep, especially if I had bikers headed my way. It was times like this that the loneliness set in as I painfully made my way up the staircase. It might be time I looked into recruiting someone on live in house...someone that could offer assistance when life got too much.

My mind instantly flashed to Mac but I couldn't afford those types of distractions. Those kind got you killed. And as I fought to deny the fact that he was the one person I wanted, I couldn't bring myself to admit that out loud. He would go ballistic looking the way I do and I didn't need that type of interference. I needed a partner not a parent.

As I laid my head on my pillow, I finally admitted that Mac was the partner I wanted. It was time I stopped lying to myself. Now if only the biker felt the same...

Hey even I could dream every now and then.