52

There were only 10 files on the flash drive. Well actually one video and nine files.

And Harley was right, I didn't procrastinate, and I processed shit and moved on. She made her way through the crowd of men until she stood right next to me, her hand grabbed mine.

Looking to my left Mac stood almost protectively slightly behind me, his chest touching my back. He was there if I needed him but he was giving me room until that time came. Fuck he knew me so well. I could handle Harley coddling me, mainly because she was that type of girl, but not Mac. I needed him right where he was...at my back.

Glancing around the room I noticed everyone that was in my house was now in the command center. News sure does travel fast in this house. I guess me sprinting through the house like a crazy person was enough to rile everyone up. Time to move this shit along then since everyone was present. Taking a deep breath, I moved the arrow over the file I clicked it open.

Dawson's face sat frozen on the giant screen on the wall staring back at me.

Harley squeezed my hand again I clicked the play button.

Shit...I don't know where to begin.  I don't have much time.

Well I guess if you are watching this then I have met the end. And I can't say I mind. Hopefully I am with Mary and not burning in hell where I know you think I belong.

Let me start with this. I hope you are well Jules and that life turned out better for you. If not, please know that I tried my best, I really did.

But since I do know you...you never stopped being a soldier. You earned your moniker Phoenix, always rising from the ashes to conquer another day. I am proud of you, please believe that. It took me a couple of years but I finally put two and two together and figured out it was you who kept fucking things up for Raptor. It took them a bit longer, shit I am getting ahead of myself.

Sorry Jules, this is so fucked up...I never meant to be put in this position.

So fuck, I guess I will begin at the beginning. I never had the intension of getting mixed up with the fucking group of traitors. Like you I was blindly involved. Because of my rank I had a harder time of untying all the nooses around my neck they placed and there were a lot of them.

Those missions...I was led to believe they were legit and we were eliminating traitors. Like you I followed orders. It wasn't until the third or fourth one that something didn't seem right. So I started digging into them and that set them on my trail.

By mission six I had no choice but to follow along. They made sure of that. Ian was already in deep and moving up the ranks quickly, a fact I found out too late to do anything about. This shit goes all the way up. Most recruited don't even know that what they are doing is treason.

The files attached are names, ranks, dates, and other shit that will help piece this fucked up situation together.  I don't know what I have that you may not already know but I had to try.   I have spent since the day you died collecting all I could in order to take them down. I had to keep my eye on the bigger picture, but know with each mission a part of me died inside. This was not the type of soldier I signed up to be. And that pissed me off even more, these fuckers need to go down, every last one of them.

They had intensions to bring you in, you were too valuable and they needed you. Ian knew you would never turn, and like me you were catching on to all the fucked up shit surrounding us. 

They couldn't blackmail you into it like they did me, so you had to go. I knew the moment you were in that village and I heard your voice that it was a set up. They left me in the dark knowing I would try to protect you. They were right. Fuck, I am so sorry Jules, I never knew then how deep this shit went or how powerful they were.