37

"So are you all going to stand there and stare at me or are any of you going to answer my fucking question?"

And still no one stepped up.   Apparently I needed to wait for the shock to ware off.   I always did like making an entrance.   Finally Mac moved like lightening, large arms circling my waist hoisting me up and spinning me around.

"About fucking time.   Where the hell have you been girl?" He shouted in my ear.   Now this was more like it.  Glad someone missed me.

"Getting my head on straight.  Now put me down big brother."   Mac dropped me gently and then clasped my face in his hands.   For several seconds his eyes stared into mine and then a smile lite up his face.

"Thank fuck." He whispered before kissing my forehead.   Mac moved out of the way, then one by one each Renegade brother greeted me home...all except one.

"Axel, good to see you."  I calmly smiled as I watched him from across the room.   Christ the biker still looked good, even after all this time.  But I knew from Nix's messages (and Albert's) that Axel had finally let me go and moved on.   And that hurt, like a bitch.  I didn't blame him for finding someone else, besides I never expected it would take me eighteen months before I figured my shit out and then got the courage to return home.   So I was happy that he found what he needed.   I hated it, but still I wanted him to be happy.   But fuck why did the man have to look so mouthwatering, would it kill fate to give him a tiny beer gut?

"Good to see you Harley.  Welcome home."  His smile was forced, I spent enough time staring at the man to know the difference and that hurt even worse.   I knew cutting him out of my life like I did had consequences so know I had to suck it up and accept them. 

The guys didn't waste any time before they filled me in.  I already knew some which is why I was here.   For days Albert harassed me, emailing, calling, and texting me 911 codes, forcing me to pull my head out of my ass and book it back home.   Nix needed me and it was about time I repaid her the favor of always having my back.   I was a shitty friend, I saw that now, and it was time for me to step up and be the friend she was to me.

"So Timmons is in Washington, updating the President and buying you more time.   You don't know where or who she is going after but you do know they are all connected to this group called Raptor.  How many warehouses have you raided?"

"Six ma'am."  Agent Loreto said handing me a folder.   "From the Intel the Major is getting we have taken out six warehouses.   That information is all being processed at an undisclosed sight, which is also locked down.   We lost one warehouse to fire so we aren't taking anymore chances.  The homes of the men kill have even more detailed information that we have here, the ballroom has been of great use.   What we don't know is everyone's connection but it is not random.   All identities are fake and we are combing through thousands of records trying to match them, so far we found our bomber.  We believe the rest of the records have already been wiped."

Fuck what the hell did Nix get herself into?   Bombers, conspiracies, assassinations...were all up her alley but even this was bigger than Nix's spectrum.  

"So if you think what you need is on Albert..."  The sneaky, stubborn bitch.   I didn't even need to finish the question before I knew the answer.  And then my cell vibrated in my back pocket.

Put 'em together and what have you got?...

Laughing, I put my phone back in my pocket, shaking my head I flashed a smile at Mac.  Could it really be that easy?     "Alright Albert let's see what you got.  Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

I think the men all thought I lost my mind that was until the screens started going haywire as information loaded.   Suddenly the laughter stopped as each man claimed a computer and began siphoning through the files.   Yep I guess it really was that easy.   I was the key to unlock Albert, he know that which was why he was relentless in getting me to come home.   Good I loved that computer.  

My phone buzzed again. 

About time you got here. 

Mac and Axel stood dumbfounded as their eyes bobbed around the room.  "You mind telling me what the hell that was?"  Smiling I allowed the sound of Axel's voice wash over me.   Other than greeting me, those were the first words he had spoken in the last hour.   Oh how I had missed his voice.  

"When I was here before, staying with Nix.   Albert and I formed a...friendship of sorts.   I didn't do well with people, but Al...I could talk to.   If it was at all possible, he was flabbergasted that I never watched any Disney films as a child.  So our friendship deepened over a love of princess movies.   Cinderella was my favorite and we watched it often.  Nix thought we both lost our minds and complained she made her computer too human, but she secretly loved it.   So much so that she made it her password."

Closing my eyes I conjured up the memory of dancing around the theater room singing this song along with Albert while Nix threw popcorn at me.  It was one of the best nights of my life, for the first time I was able to feel like a kid, something I was denied as a child growing up in a biker world.   It was another thing Nix gave me without me realizing it.   Again I was such a shitty friend.    Shaking it off I opened my eyes to find Axel watching me, his face void of any emotion and that worried me.  But I could deal with my feelings for Axel...for Nix I could deal with almost anything, I knew that now.  

From the commotion around the room I figured they found something.  

And from the look on Mac's face as the agent spoke to him I feared I may have been too late.