13

...reached Harley, leave a message.  BEEP

"Dammit girl answer your phone, it has been two weeks.  Call me."

...reached Harley, leave a message.  BEEP

"What the fuck is your problem, answer your fucking phone!"

...reached Harley, leave a message.  BEEP

"Don't make me come after you, it has been four fucking weeks.   Call me NOW!"

And to think I was calling her for help! The bitch can't even answer fucking phone. That girl was starting to piss me off.   And I couldn't stop thinking that something was wrong.    For a month she has been dodging my calls and texts.   If I wasn't currently incapacitated, my ass would be on the next plane out to Cali where I could smack some sense into her.   But my body needed time to heal, the bastard was good with a knife, I will give him that.  

I gathered up all the strength I had and limped to the fridge.   It was times like this that I contemplated hiring a butler or hell even a chef.   Usually I preferred my solitary but lately, the silence seemed to be deafening.

Leaning on the fridge, I stared at its contents hoping something was going to jump out at me.   I needed some substance in my stomach before I could take a pain pill. And fuck I needed that pain pill. Maybe I was getting too old for this shit.  

My alarms began to sound as I slammed to door to the fridge shut.   Hopping over to the panel I typed in my codes and waited for my cameras to activate.   Two large vans sat idle at my gates.  Fuck I was so not in the mood for visitors, especially these ones.

"What do you want Agent?" I asked engaging the mic.

"Open the gates Major, I need to talk to you."

Yeah I already assumed that.   The man never came to my home, ever.  

"What's with the entourage?"  

"Just open the gate Major, I don't have time for this petty shit."

Cursing, I disengaged the gate and allowed the vehicles to proceed.     Looking around the counters, I debated if I should clean up a little but frankly I didn't give a fuck.   Hopefully a little blood wasn't going to make them squeamish. 

Taking a seat at the counter, I watched as the men unfolded from the vehicles and approached my front door.   With a few more clicks I disengaged the locks and the door automatically opened.  The looks on their faces was priceless, I fucking loved my gadgets.

"Major?"

"In the kitchen Agent."  If that bastard thought I was coming to him he was in a rude awakening.   My leg fucking hurt and plus the kitchen had the best light.

"Jesus Major, what the fuck happened?"  Okay so yeah it was a lot of blood.

"Your boy Richards liked knives.   Didn't pick up on that little detail until it was too late.   Do me a favor and grab some gloves and stitch up my shoulder, I can't reach it."

Mac stepped forward immediately, pushing a few out of the way and moved behind me to assess the damage.   Swearing he got down to work after numbing the area.   A couple of the other guys pitched in handing him supplies and cleaning up my mess.

"In the wine fridge below is some blood, can you grab it for me."   It always paid to have extra supplies on standby, blood included.   Now was definitely one of those times, I was starting to get light headed and my guess was due to blood loss.   It was a miracle I even made it home.

Mac finished placing the bandage over my shoulder before he moved on to inspect the other wounds.   Annoyed I batted his hands away.

"Stop being stubborn, I need to make sure they are done right, no telling in your condition." 

Prick, but he was probably right.   Since I was seeing double there was no telling what they looked like.   As he peeled back each of the five other large white bandages, Tank rigged up my blood bag on the banana holder...huh need to remember that one, and inserted the IV.

Within minutes my kitchen no longer looked like a war zone, Tank fiddled with my IV, Mac was gently washing away the blood from my neck and face and Hawk was making eggs, from the smell of it. Well aren't we the domesticated bunch.

Once everyone settled down and I finished eating and debriefing Agent Timmons, I then took notice of who was actually in my home. 

"What the fuck is he doing here?"