20

The next morning I was met with the same silence as the previous morning.   That didn't bode well for me seeing as how yesterday panned out.   At least the guys were smart enough to leave me alone the rest of the day and I haven't seen them since.   I expected Mac to at least seek me out but he kept his distance as well and that bothered me more than it should.  

This time as I made my way towards the kitchen, there was only one biker to meet me and with no breakfast either.   Well this day is off to a banging start isn't it?    As I made my coffee I could feel Mac's eyes following my movements as I grabbed the cream and I hated at how my body heated up at that thought of him watching me.   Damn the man for affecting me with only his eyes. Stupid hormones.

"Where is everyone this morning?"

"Trigger headed out the second the bikes were dropped off yesterday.  Needed to clear his head.   Hawk and Tank left this morning, Axel needed them back home.  Hacker is still in with Albert and I have a feeling the man will never leave."

I assumed Triggers departure was a given but with Hawk and Tank leaving...Christ what the hell was wrong with me.   Now I was getting all weepy eyed because the guys headed home and didn't say goodbye.   Boo fucking who, Christ I needed to shot something, I was getting soft.     I also needed to remember that this wasn't were they belonged.   I lived alone.   I worked alone.  It was better that way for everyone, especially me.  

"Yeah okay.   When are you and Hacker headed out?"

Why did my voice sound strange?  Was that a quiver in there?   I didn't quiver. What was happening to me, maybe I needed another vacation, especially if I was allowing these bikers to get to me.   Chugging the hot coffee I flinched from the burn as I set the cup in the sink.   I needed to let these feelings go, this wasn't right, I needed to put up some more distance between us, I needed...

    Arms circled my waist hauling be back up into the solid body behind me.   Tingles tickled my neck as his warm breath kissed it.  "Darling when are you going to stop fighting this.   I see the way your body reacts to mine, hell your nipples hardened the second you spotted me at the table.   That does something to a man...knowing that just my presences heats you up."

    Moaning I leaned my head to the side as his lips trailed up and down, his arms holding me like he was afraid I would disappear at any moment.   I hated how unsure I made him.  But shit I was unsure myself.  War I could do, it was relationships that scared the hell out of me.   I couldn't deny that I wanted Mac, hell the wetness of my panties proves that, but he wanted more...

    "Stop thinking Juliette.   Just feel and let this happen.  Is it really so bad if I make you want more...I am not asking for forever yet but I am asking for a chance.   Let me show you that there is more than what you settle for."

    Christ his hands...they were everywhere and my body loved it, hell I loved it.   Each caress was like a gift, a gift that you have only dreamed about but knew you had no chance in hell of getting.   That was what he was promising me...only things I have dreamed about.   But could I chance opening up again.   Hell I almost didn't survive the last time.

    "Stop thinking...I am not him darling and I never will be."  Turning me around Mac stepped into me, trapping me against the sink and his body.  Hands cupped my face drawing my eyes to his.  "I am not him...don't sentence me for his mistakes.   I want you Juliette so much, but I don't just want your body.   Give me a chance that is all I am asking.  Also I promise not to try and kill you."

    No matter how hard I dug my nails into my palms I couldn't stop the tears from forming.  Even his little joke got to me.   I hated being weak, being vulnerable was even worse, but with Mac, could I chance it? Could I survive if things didn't work out? But the thought of not having Mac, I didn't like that.

    "I don't know how." I finally admitted. Man that was painful.

    Smiling Mac said nothing, instead he leaned forward and gently kissed me.   His lips tender and slow, caressing mine as he coerced me into reciprocating.    A jolt of fear caused my muscles to tense, confusion on how to respond was the reason.   I didn't know what was happening, the way he was kissing me...this wasn't a lets fuck type of kiss, no this was something different, something more.

    "Jules, stop thinking and just kiss me.  Let me kiss you."

    "And then what?"

    "And then nothing.   We are going to kiss and trust me when I tell you that it will be a frequent occurrence.   There will be some hand holding and cuddling as well.   We may even snuggle under a blanket and watch a movie.   But that is all."

    "I don't understand..."  What was the purpose of all this.   He could have me right now on this counter if he wanted to.

    "I know you don't.   So that is why I am going to court you."

    "Um, excuse me...did you just say court me.  Who the hell courts people anymore, Mac..."

    "Shh.   Yes I am going to court you because you my fierce warrior, even as bad ass as you are, well you are still a woman and deserved to be treated like one, at least from me, only from me.   So I am going to court the hell out of you.  We are going to continue getting to know one another, learn each other.   We will go out on dates and I will bring you flowers and you are not going to complain because Juliette this right here, what we have, it is going to mean something.   All you have to do is give me a chance, I can teach you to feel again, I can teach you to love again."

    Dammit why did this man have to be so goddamn perfect?   And as I stood here in his arms and listened to his stupid plan to court me...well I can't lie and say it didn't get to me because shit I was only human.   And I was tired.  I was so tired of fighting everything.   I was tired of being alone, scared of dying alone.   Tired of the darkness that has filled my heart, when does that pain stop?  And once it did...

    "Okay Mac.  You want to romance me, well woo away."

    Laughing Mac wrapped me up in his arms and kissed me.  Pouring all his intensions and promises into it, literally knocking me off my feet as he picked me up and cradled me to his chest as he carried me to the couch.  

    "And so it begins darling..."  He whispered against my lips

    Dazed from being kissed stupid, the sound of the TV brought me back to reality and the humor of our current position.   Mac had me tucked into his side, his arm around my shoulders and The Notebook playing on the large screen.   Laughing I settled back as Mac draped a blanket over our laps.  And so it begins. 

And for once i am proven wrong.