35

"What do you mean you don't know where she is?  Fuck you guys are her contact she needs protection."

At this point I didn't care if I sounded like a raving lunatic.  Juliette disappeared a few weeks ago severing all contact with me and the other Renegades.   We did a quick recon mission and when we returned she was gone, Albert was silenced.

A day later Timmons and him minions showed up and took over the control room.   No one knew the code that allowed Albert to unlock the files leading us to Juliette and whatever the hell was going on.  Even Hacker failed, Albert wasn't budging and we didn't know shit.   Fucking computer.  

Now the Renegades and the FBI were all huddled into the command center in Juliette's home trying to decipher the Intel she was releasing, but none of it made fucking sense.   Timmons's men were trying to sort it all out but without all the information it was like putting a puzzle together with half the pieces missing.  

All I did know is my woman was out there all alone pinging off one man at a time without anyone watching her back.   Timmons only knew what she allowed him to know and the man was doing the best he could with what he had.   Rationally I knew that.  But right now I wasn't really thinking clearly.  

Not after that last night we spent together.  

I am so going to paddle her ass when she returns.   It took Axel and Tank to hold me back once I found out she headed out for the crazy suicide mission doing whatever in God's name she was trying to do. 

But fuck, if anyone could accomplished the unattainable she could.   And that was what I was holding on to.    Now eight dead bodies, I was losing patience.

The FBI could only work with what they were finding – and man was it a shit load.  So far several sites were hit simultaneously based on "anonymous" tips.  Shockingly, files have started to go missing within hours of the sites being hit.    One place even caught fire and burned to the ground before firefighters could get there.   Some type of accelerator they believe was used, but it didn't matter.   The documents were destroyed and Timmons was pissed beyond belief.   His suspicions were confirmed that there were more players in this than originally thought.   We didn't know who was a traitor and who wasn't.   It had gotten so bad that when more men were brought in, all cell phones and personal computers were confiscated.   The men were literally in a bubble and Albert was keeping an eye on them.  

It scared me how much that computer could do, but for once I was happy to have him, otherwise the house would be compromised.

Now after a few days, tempers were rising as well as the frustration level.  It was like trying to solve a giant fucking puzzle but not only were some pieces missing but you had no idea what picture you were trying to build.   The Renegades chipped in where they could, at this point the more hands on deck the better.   But with the men being closer to Juliette, like me, they weren't happy with the situation.   

"Relax Mac.   We are working on it.   As of right now, here is what we know - Raptor is an organization not any one man.   That organization goes all the way to DC and has been around for at least two decades according to the files we found.   We are talking Generals, Coronels, big wigs who have spent their careers playing both sides of the line.  We have to tread carefully until we get their names and can take them down.  I am building a case, hell right now I have Washington breathing down my neck with thirty agents being out of pocket.   Time is limited before the shit hits the fan.  We need to let her finish what she started. Agent Timmons is in Washington right now trying to buy us more time."

"How many are left?  Who else is she going after?"  I could tell Agent Loreto, Agent T's second in command, ran just as tight of ship.   Even frustrated and anxious, he didn't let it show as he continued to answer my questions.   Or anyone else's for that matter. 

"I don't know...Albert will not unlock those files.  So we have to follow her leads.  So far we know these men are connected by what we are finding, but very little names are mentioned.  And the half that are are aliases.  We cannot find the connection so I don't know how the Major linked them all together.   All I do know is these men are ghosts and it is taking a while to uncover their true identities.   We thought they all might be ex-military but that was a dead end.   Something isn't adding up but until the Major decides to give us all the cards we have to play her game."

Fuck.   Pissed off even more, I watched as the feds continued to comb through all the files that were confiscated from each John Doe's possessions.   Documents, top secret missions, coordinates for military bases, names of targets – the pile just continued to grow.   I don't think anyone was prepared for the amount to Intel that Juliette was uncovering.   It made me nervous that something like this could be going on from the hands of men who once swore to protect us, in fact it made me down right sick.  

Glancing at Axel, he nodded briefly before turning back to the agent that he was assisting.   The brothers all stepped in...for Juliette.   They knew whatever she was doing was big and they would have her back no matter how they had to do it.   And right now it looked like she was uncovering the biggest conspiracy in history.   And she was doing it all alone.  

Fuck, that stubborn woman.  She knew.   Dammit she knew that night when she gave me everything what she planned on doing and she kept me in the dark.   And that cut deep.   To know that she still didn't trust me or the brothers to cover her.   To stand beside her.   Well that disappointed me. 

For weeks we slept side by side and she plotted and planned her attack, again leaving me in the dark.   She laughed and joked around with the guys, opening up more to them and then left them in the dark.   And I was pissed, irate, incensed, mad, fuming, enraged and any other word in the English dictionary that you could find to explain just how furious I was with the beautiful woman.  Beyond my anger, simmering right underneath, was terror.  

Terror that she wouldn't come back to me, terror that something worse would happen to her at the hands of these madmen.  

Terror I would never see her beautiful smile or the way her eyes crinkle a little bit when she laughs.  

Terror that I couldn't keep her safe and protect the woman I had fallen in love with.  

So outside I held myself together with the help of my fellow brothers, but inside I was crumbling with every hour she was out there all alone.  

The room jumped at the sound of the door slamming against the wall, all men instinctively reaching for their weapon as they eyed the newcomer.

"Does someone want to tell me why the fuck you are all here and what the fuck is going on?"