14

The kitchen grew silent as I glared at Ethan or Trigger, whoever the hell he is, as he leaned against the far wall with his arms crossed over his chest. What the hell was Timmons thinking bringing this prick into my home? Pissed I snatched the blood bag off the banana holder and attempted to stand up.

My body had other plans as I immediately swayed, forcing me to sit back down. Stupid body. If I couldn't leave then they had to.

"Get the fuck out. All of you. I don't need this shit right now."

"Now Major..."

"Shove it Timmons. You have the temerity to barge into my home with that piece of shit after I gave you the details of our last encounter. Fuck you, hell fuck you all. Now get the hell out of my home."

"Dammit Major you need to listen."

"That is where you are wrong, I don't have to listen to shit. You know what...screw this and you. I am done. If you don't get out of here immediately you can consider our partnership annulled. I have enough contacts that I don't need you anymore. Plus, I have enough money to last me three lifetimes so I don't need to keep killing myself. I am not going to ask again. GET OUT!"

"Dammit Nix, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't important. The Agent has something he needs to talk to you about but considering the condition you are in I think it would be best to wait until tomorrow. Stop being so damn stubborn and work with us."

"Well look at you Axel, finally sober enough to form a coherent sentence. Congratu-fucking-lations. No offense but your integrity is shot, I don't waste my time on men like you. Just because you finally wised up and quit drowning yourself in a bottle doesn't mean I suddenly trust you. In my book, a man of your credentials just doesn't measure up. Hell even Harley saw that."

Yeah I knew it was a low blow, but fuck him. Pain flashed briefly in Axel's eyes, disappearing just as quickly. Good the man should feel guilt for what he did to my friend. I was dizzy and tired, getting almost killed had a tendency of doing that to a person. I didn't have the time or energy to deal with this shit.

"Times up. Get out. Agent if you need me so fucking badly, contact me in a few days, but this...whatever the hell you are planning, doesn't sit well with me. I don't appreciate being ambushed in my own fucking home. Take your new crew and get out. I work alone, period."

This time when I stood my body finally cooperated, allowing me to maneuver around the bikers that were scattered around my kitchen. At least the men were smart enough to move out of my way, no one trying to stop me.

All except Mac that is.

The infuriating man continued to shadow me until I reached my foyer. Did the man honestly think I was going to topple over? Okay so he was probably right if he did, my vision was all kinds of blurry and I would most likely conk out the second my head hit my pillow that is if I could actually reach my bed.

"Major, before we leave..."

Sighing, I stopped, gripping the banister for some much needed support. Otherwise I would have for sure embarrassed myself.

"What is it now Agent."

"Richards. Where is his body? We never got a call for cleanup."

Of course you didn't. There was nothing to cleanup. I love missions that wrap themselves up in a neat little bow for you.

"No body. Richards took the express train to burning in Hell. The data was retrieved, I will send it over in the morning."

Or maybe tomorrow night, depending on when I eventually woke up. I had big plans to down some antibiotics and pain meds before crashing. If only I could actually get up the fucking stairs, shit why the hell did I have so many fucking steps. Yeah I was not making it up those. Turning I shuffled along to the hidden elevator under the staircase.

I rarely used the damn thing that I actually forget that it was there most of the time. Touching the panel to bring it to life, I activated the elevator with my palm and waited for the doors to open.

"Major, one more thing."

"Christ you don't give up do you Timmons. Fine, what the hell is so fucking important that you need to get it off your chest? Tell me so I can finally get some meds and rest. Come on what the hell is so goddamn important that it can't wait 24 fucking hours."

Irritated I turned to face Timmons standing center stage with ten or so bikers behind him. I knew I wasn't acting rational and that whatever that brought the Agent to my doorstep was big, especially since he brought the Renegades along with him. But in my condition, my give a fuck meter had run dry and my body was slowly shutting down. In a few minutes I knew I would be out like a light whether or not I was on my comfy bed. There was nothing this man could say that was so important that would make me give a damn.

"Raptor struck again."

Except those three words.

Superman had kryptonite...Batman had the Joker...Thor had Loki.

...and the Phoenix had the Raptor.

Luckily Mac was standing within arm's reach otherwise it would have hurt like hell as my body finally gave up, my knees buckling. Instead of slamming against the marble flooring, arms gently circled my waist interrupting my not so graceful nosedive.

Struggling to remain conscious, I allowed Mac to pick me up as he stepped into the metal box.

"Third floor...fifth door on the left..." I whispered as the elevator ascended.

"Relax Jules, I got you. The rest can wait."

Acknowledging that I might just not be in the position to argue, well mainly because I could barely keep my eyes opened, I conceded and let the blackness overtake me.