His Dangerous Ways

"Calm down," he said as he brushed the broken glass off his forehead.

"Calm down?" I shrieked. "You're telling me to calm down after a man just tried to kill us in the middle of the night and is now laying right over there dead?!" I said pointing to his limp, non-moving body.

"He's fine," River said as if it were no big deal. "I didn't hit him that hard."

I looked at him in pure shock. What was wrong with this guy?

"Now come on," he said grabbing my arm and leading me away from the man.

"No, we have to call the ambulance!" I said trying to pull myself out of his firm grip, but failing due to my lack of strength.

"No," he snapped, "They'll notice he's gone and call one for him and when they find him, I don't want to be here and neither do you."

"Who are-"

"Cat, listen, the less you know, the better," he said. "Now, let's just go so no more people get hurt, okay?"

I looked at him. Sweat had formed all over his forehead and a look of urgency was written all over his face. Blood was now leaking from the nasty cut on his forehead and looked like it would need some serious tending.

I looked between him and the guy laying on the ground, before I finally settled on him.

I'm probably going to regret this later, I thought to myself as I took  a deep breath before nodding and without a second thought, he continued pulling me away.

****

Cat was your average girl; she maintained good grades, loved Netflix, and valued her nails more than life itself, but her life changes when she quite literally runs into the biggest bad boy in her school: River Parker. Aka, the boy who doesn't care about anything or anyone except his very few close friends, including Cat's best friend, Liam.

But little did she know that her 'run in' would throw her into a life of drugs, gambling, near death experiences, love, and so much more.

And to make things worse, she might be falling in love with him and his dangerous ways.

(I know this might seem cliche and it does have its moments, but please give it a chance)

  © 2016
***
Hey y'all. I'm excited to announce that I'm apart of a program with Inkitt that allows me to post early access chapters on their website. All you have to do is click on the link in the bio of my profile and you can read early access chapters a week before they're available on wattpad. This way, y'all get extra chapters early and I can get paid for doing what I love. And the best part is that it's free! It's a win win if I've ever heard of one. But don't worry, I'll still be updating here, but Inkitt will just be one chapter ahead.

If that sounds good to you, go head over to my profile and click on the link in my bio. Thank you and I greatly appreciate it.

I hope you enjoy the book wherever you decide to read it!

Love y'all- Jordan