Chapter 5.

You.

"Thanks for coming over." Dinah says as she gives me a smile. "Lord knows how I was gonna get all this done by myself."

"Why don't you ask your bandmates to help you?" I ask, setting down my bag.

"Theyre not here yet." She replies, and then comes closer. "They'll only be here like next week."

"So you volunteered to paint this place? All by yourself?" I ask in amusement.

"Well not all by myself." She replies dramatically. "I was hoping that Leilani would help me."

I snort. "Leilani would help you paint a house?"

"Well no. That's why she's not here."

"So, I'm your second choice?" I ask, feigning offence.

"No." She snorts. "You'll always be first. I just didn't know how to ask you."

"A simple 'hey, would you like to help me paint a house', would be better than 'hey, do you want a free pizza'." I reply, leaning against the bland wall.

"Hey. We're still in the getting to know each other phase." Dinah defends herself. "Plus, I really was craving pizza." She adds. "And youre great company."

So she sees me as nothing more but great company? Nice Y/N.

"Are you sure you wanna paint in that?" She asks, referring to my flannel.

"Well yeah. What's wrong with it?" I ask, looking down at it.

"Nothing." Dinah shrugs. "I just don't wanna get your clothes dirty."

There is something you already got dirty...

"It's cool." I shrug and unbutton it.

"What are you doing?" Dinah questions.

"Taking it off." I reply and tie it around my waist. "Happy?" I ask.

"Whatever Y/N." She smirks. "So, we're gonna start with this wall and then - "

She gets cut off by my phone ringing rather loudly.

She gives me a 'really' face. "Really Y/N? No broken hearts?"

"Listen." I defend the music. "Bebe Rexha has really nice music. And Nicki Minaj is my queen."

She laughs. "Answer it."

I nod and accept the call. "Hello?"

"Hey Y/N!" Melissa says loudly, causing me to chuckle. "What are you up to?"

"I'm a bit busy." I reply, watching as Dinah dips a paintbrush in the cream coloured paint and spreads it across the wall.

I bite my lip slightly, watching the back of her legs as she reaches higher.

I forget Melissa is on the line. "Hello?" I ask. "Are you still there?"

"I've been here." Melissa responds. "What are you doing?"

"I'm working." I respond quietly. "I have to go."

"Oh okay then." Melissa's happy spirit disappeared and I instantly felt bad.

"Okay. Okay." I sigh. "I'll get you an ice cream on the way home. Okay?"

"Okay." She replies quickly, making me chuckle again.

"Bye Mel."

"Bye Y/N."

I put the phone on top of the fridge and get myself a brush too.