Chapter 11.

You.

I yelp as I fall into the house when the door was opened unexpectedly.

Okay, it wasn't exactly unexpected. I did knock. I just didn't expect the door to open. Or who to be behind the door.

"Dont do that again." I mumble, getting up and dusting myself off.

"Then don't lean against the door next time." He sasses me, causing me to mumble all the curse words in my vocabulary under my breath.

"Whatever." I mumble, straightening myself up. "Is Melissa here?" I ask in a hopeful tone.

"Yeah." He says but then stops me when I try to walk to her room. "But she doesn't wanna see you."

"Did she say that?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"No. But she might as well have." He rolls his eyes. "Why did you have to hurt her, Y/N?"

"Hurt her?" I ask, confused. "She ran out on me."

"Yeah, but shes been crying for days straight." He cocks back.

"And why is that?" I ask, smirking because this game is all too familiar.

"I don't know." He shrugs.

"Then why don't you let me go over there and ask her?" I ask, trying to sound innocent.

"Well..." he sighs dramatically. "Fine."

I giggle a bit before running to her room before he can realize what I just did.

"Y/N." He whines.

"Love you." I say quickly before shutting the door behind me.

I turn around and notice a fort of blankets. That must be Melissa.

"Damn." I mumble as I start to walk towards the bed.

Apparently, my shoes are so loud that I kind of woke her up.

"Y/N?" She asks, confused. "How did you get in here? Who let you in?"

"You could've chosen a better bodyguard than Alex." I roll my eyes and sit down on the bed. "He's not exactly as manly as he looks."

"But he's buff. He could stop anyone." She argues, sitting up too.

"Yeah, but if it's someone cute he might just get on his knees and offer to suck their - "

"Okay. Okay." She stops me. "He was kind of a bad idea."

"Agreed."

"So, what are you doing here?" She asks, looking at me weirdly.

"I'm here to know why you haven't called or texted or even come to the game on Saturday." I cross my arms and purse my lips in an attempt to look angry.

"I was... busy." She mumbles, looking down.

"Look." I sigh and lift her head by her chin with my hand. "I just wanna know why you ran out."

"Because I know you don't like me." She mumbles.

"So why did you kiss me?" I ask, sitting up straighter.

"I don't know." She shrugs. "I didn't think you would kiss back."

"So you kissed me, and then thought that I wouldn't kiss you back?" I ask, totally confused.

This is some strange shit.

"Blame yourself. You told me that it would put my heart at ease." She defends herself.

"So you kissed me?" I repeat, still not understanding.

"Listen." She takes a deep breath. "I kissed you because I wanted to get it over with and to tell my heart that you didn't like me. In order for you not to like me, you weren't supposed to kiss me back!"

"You've got this way too worked out." I shake my head. "But I guess I'm sorry for kissing you?"

"It's not about that." She sighs. "It's about the fact that I like you, so much Y/N. I think that you're the coolest person on earth. I mean, you're sweet and you're pretty and I can't tell you all the reasons I like you, because then we'll be here all day."

"I'm flattered."

"Yeah, well I'm not." She replies. "I went to the game on Saturday. I was there. I was there in an attempt to make things right and to talk to you about this."

"Then why didn't you?" I ask, thinking about why she wouldn't come up to me if she saw me.

"Because." She sighs. "You were kissing her."

"Her?"

"Dinah Jane." She says, annoyed. "You told me that you weren't even into girls!"

"I'm not into girls." I defend myself.

"Then she must be one fine ass looking man."

"Dont talk about her like that." I sigh. "I'm not into girls." I repeat. "I'm just into her... I guess."

"Yeah well congratulations." She says sarcastically. "Now you can leave."

"But - "

"I will call Alex in here and have him take you out." She threatens me.

What the fuck?

"You know what?" I grab my jacket. "I'm leaving. Because I'm hella confused."

Without looking back, I open the door and slam it, causing Alex to jolt awake.

"Girl." He sasses me. "Do you slam your Mama's doors like that?"

"Hop off my dick." I mumble, pushing him aside.

"You don't have one." He quips.

"Yeah, but if I did, it would be bigger than yours." I throw over my shoulder before getting in my car and driving the familiar route home.

Except, I don't find myself in front of my house.

Because if I did, I wouldn't be knocking.

And if I was at my house, Dinah wouldn't have opened the door and pulled me in a hug.

Which is what I really need.

"Come in." She says and then takes my hand in hers, leading us towards her bedroom.

She then shuts her door and nods towards the bed.

I sigh and remove my shoes and jacket before laying on the bed.

She turns off the light and lays down next to me, wrapping an arm around my stomach.

"Are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" She asks with a soft voice as she rests her head on my chest.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I sigh and lay on my side so I can look at her.

"Are you sure?" She asks, placing her hand on my arm and rubbing it affectionately.

"Yeah."

She leans in for a kiss, and I forget everything that just happened and focus on her plump lips, leaning towards me.

I watch as she comes closer, and closer and then stops.

She then looks up. "Is there anything I can do to make it better?"

"No." I shake my head. "Just." I mumble, getting distracted by her lips. "Just kiss me."