Chapter 20.

You.

I walk into my house and press my lips against my mother's cheek. "Hey Mommy."

"Hey baby." She responds, sifting through the mail. "Dinah's here."

"Really?" I ask. "Stop messing with me."

"I'm not messing with you." My mother chuckles and meets my eyes. "She arrived about ten minutes ago."

"Where is she? In my bedroom?" I ask, hanging up my jacket.

"Shes actually waiting for you outside." My mother nods at the backyard.

"Outside? It's so damn cold." I mumble to myself. "Thanks mom."

"Woah woah woah woah." My mother stops me. "Come back here."

I oblige and walk back towards my mother.

"Yes?"

"How was your interview?"

"Mommy." I whine. "You know that I don't like that question."

"Sorry." She apologizes. "But do you think you've got this?"

"I probably do. But if I don't, it's fine." I tell her and she nods and kisses my temple.

"And to think, you're usually a sore loser." My mother chuckles.

If this wasn't my mother, and she wasn't wearing six inch heels that could be found in my ribs if she beats me, I would tell her to shut up.

I fake a chuckle too. "Yeah, I'm gonna go see Dinah."

She nods. "You go do that."

I walk outside and see no sign of Dinah Jane. So, she must be on the roof.

I find myself climbing up to my happy place, and in my happy place, I find the other thing that makes me happy.

She smiles at me as I get up on the roof.

"Hey baby." She smiles, puckering her lips for a kiss.

I peck her lips and sit down next to her. "Are you crazy? Do you know how cold it is up here? Do you know how cold it is in general?"

She giggles. "I was missing you and this place reminds me more of you than my room does."

I cant help but press my lips against her cheek because of how cute she's being.

She giggles and I hide my face in her neck.

"How was your interview?" She asks, pushing me off.

"It was good." I smile. "If I don't get it, I'll be fine. But I'm pretty confident."

"That's my baby." She says as she pecks my lips.

I smile. "So what did you do today?"

"Nothing much." She shrugs. "The girls and I were chilling all day."

"So why aren't you with the girls right now?" I ask, watching as she intertwines our fingers.

"Because..." She giggles. "Why would I hang out with a bunch of single girls when I have a girlfriend?"

"True." I kiss the back of her hand. "So, how's your album coming along?"

"So good." She leans her head on my shoulder. "We actually released the track list and shot a video recently. And I'm saying, you're in for a treat."

"Hmm. Is that so?" I challenge her.

"Baby." She looks into my eyes, dropping her voice. "I swear, by the time this album comes out, you'll be looking at our group differently."