Chapter 21.

You.

"Mommy." I croak out.

My mother takes her time to respond, but when she does, she takes the longest time to come to my room.

"Yes sweetie pie?" She mocks me.

"Mommy, I'm sick." I manage to get out without coughing.

"Oh yeah?" She says, coming in. "Well you should have thought have thought of that when you and your girlfriend were playing in the rain."

I just roll my eyes in response.

"Hm." My mother smiles. "You didn't even deny it this time."

"What are you talking about?" I ask, feeling like shit.

"You didn't deny Dinah being your girlfriend." My mother smirks. "When did this happen?"

"Mommy." I whine.

"If you want me to take care of you, you'd better tell me all the details right now." She jokes, but she's serious.

"Fine. It's been going on for a while now, but we made it official on Monday." I roll my eyes.

"Oh really?" My mother says with an amused tone. "Tell Mommy where it happened."

"At the bowling alley." I cough out and my mother feels my head with her palm.

"Yeah, you're burning up. Go take a shower baby." My mother says sympathetically.

I nod and take the quickest shower ever because I just want to stay in bed all day.

After my shower, I get back in my bed and pull the covers over my body.

My mother returns with a tray with food and I shake my head. "Mommy I'm not hungry."

"It's funny how you only say Mommy when you're sick or annoyed." She jokes. "But you'll always remain my baby face." She says as she pinches my right cheek. "And you need to eat up. You can't starve."

I shake my head. "I don't want anything. Food makes me wanna throw up."

"Well just one piece of bacon and then I'll let you off the hook. You can't have medicine on an empty stomach." She bargains and I reluctantly take the meat and eat it.

"So, she must be pretty special if you were willing to get sick for her." My mother prompts as I finish the food.

"She is." I mumble and then swallow some of the juice.

"So, what were you two doing on the roof?" My mother asks. "Dont tell me you guys were making babies - "

"Jesus Mom." I cringe. "We weren't making babies. Far from it in fact. You won't see your third grandchild for a while."

"Third?" My mother asks, confused. "Theres only Enrique."

"Yeah, but at the rate Mike and Anna are going, Enrique is gonna have a few brothers and sisters very soon." I cock back and watch as my mother cringes.

"Okay." She sighs. "So what were you two doing?"

"Nothing."

"Y/N."

"None of your business Mom." I reply, and throw all the contents of the glass down my throat.

"Tell me or I'll let you die." She threatens.

"Really Mama." I roll my eyes. "We kissed." I sigh.

"So you stayed to get sick in the rain for a kiss?" My mother asks.