Chapter 10.

You.

"This is cute." Dinah comments as she holds the cross part of my necklace.

"Thanks." I mumble absentmindedly, looking down at  her long fingers holding the jewellery.

"Where did you get it from?" She asks, moving closer to me.

"My dad." I reply, sighing a bit.

"Do you miss him?" She asks with a pout.

"All the time." I admit.

"But at least he's doing a good job..." Dinah replies and rests her head on my chest.

"I guess." I shrug. "It's not exactly the military but hey, a space man is the next coolest job on the planet." I add with fake enthusiasm. "Or off the planet?"

Dinah giggles for a bit. "But that's not what's eating you, is it?"

I wish you were eati - stop right there Y/N.

"No." I reply, disappointment evident in my voice.

"Then what is?" She asks, lifting her head slightly so she can meet my eyes.

"To be honest... it's the whole Melissa story." I admit and take a hold of my necklace, a nervous habit. "I just kind of miss her not being all up on me or being annoying. It's just weird... and awfully quiet."

"You still haven't spoken to her?" Dinah asks with a sympathetic tone.

"Shes not taking my calls." I shake my head. "I went by her house and she didn't open the door. Or wasn't home. What does it matter? She doesn't wanna see me."

"Baby, I'm sure it's not like that." Dinah says and takes my hand that's fiddling with the necklace in hers. "I'm sure she's just scared. Or maybe she really wasn't home."

"C'mon." I snort. "She is the nerdiest person in the world. Where would she be? The library."

Dinah pouted for a second and I found it to be the most adorable thing in the world.

She then did something totally unexpected and leaned upwards in an attempt to connect our lips.

She was almost successful, if it wasn't for the door almost falling off when someone opened it.

She jumped off of me and I sat up, grabbing her phone in an attempt to look natural.

She then picked up a magazine on the bedside table and opened it to a random page.

"Dinah you're dumb as fuck." Funaki says, making me chuckle, and breathe.

"What?" Dinah asks innocently.

"You're reading that magazine upside down." Naki points out, causing me to laugh even louder.

"I was just looking at this poster of... Post Malone." Dinah says in reply. "Hes not really that attractive, so you have to look at him from another angle."

Despite her slowness, that was one nice save.

"Mm." Funaki let's out in a sassy voice. "Anyway, Moms told me to tell y'all that dinner is ready. So..."

I roll my eyes as Funaki leaves and Dinah lets out a deep breath.

She then gets up and offers me her hand. "Let's go."

×××××××

"When are you going back to work?" Dinah asks as she nuzzles her face into my neck.

She's very affectionate and I think I like it

"Soon." I reply, loving the feeling of her skin on mine.