Chapter 31.

You.

"You're late."

"No I'm not." I argue, running my fingers through my hair quickly. "And besides, I'm six hours early in most of our neighbouring continents, countries."

"Yeah whatever. Sit down. We need to talk." My mother says, nodding at the chair in front of her.

I quickly scan all the things that I could have missed this weekend.

I did wash all the sheets and clean the house, so I'm good. I think.

"I'm listening."

"I need you to drop all your duties for today and work with me." She says as she removes her spectacles.

"May I ask why?" I ask, crossing my left leg over my right.

"Because I know how close writing is to your heart and I realized that you've learned nothing but how to make copies and get me tea." She says with a smirk. "By the way, where is my tea?"

"Here." I hand her the styrofoam cup from the floor.

"Thank you." She smiles and takes a sip of the tea. "So what you need to do is put one of your interns in charge and be ready all day. Okay?"

"Mm okay." I nod. "Thanks Mommy."

"No problem." She replies with a smile and I get up to leave.

I stop dead in my tracks once I get to the door, not because I'm thinking about Dinah, even though I am, but I'm thinking about what she said.

"Actually." I turn around. "I need to talk to you."

She quirks an eyebrow.

"Yeah?"

"I know this isn't exactly the place." I tell her as I sit back down in the seat. "But I can't have this in my head all day. I mean, I already did all weekend."

"You're so dramatic." She says as she smiles at me.

"Just a little bit." I give her a small smile in return. "But I feel really bad about the way I've been treating you and I just want to apologise."

"Okay."

"Mommy I'm sorry." I say and she gets up to give me a hug.

"Mm I'm sorry too." She says as she squeezes me tightly.

My mother's hugs are nice but Dinah's are still the best.

"Yeah you're forgiven." I roll my eyes. "Just don't do that shi - I mean it, don't do it again."

She raises a brow and I chuckle nervously. "I said it Mom."

"Mhm sure you did." She jokes. "Now run along. I'm sure you have something to do somewhere."

I roll my eyes and she slaps the back of my head before i leave the office.

I spot the interns through the glass door and clench my jaw when I see Melissa.

I don't like or trust her anymore and I also hate her... but yeah. It's whatever.

Since just her presence pissed me off, I'm ready to go off on all of them.

"Good morning." I greet when I enter the room.

I hear a chorus of 'Morning'.

"Did I not say good morning?" I ask them.

"Good Morning Y/N." They say in unison and Melissa snorts from her spot in the corner.

"Care to share?" I call her out.