Chapter 18.

You.

"Y/N wake up." My sister says as she slaps me lightly.

"No." I mumble and pull the covers over my head and pull my knees to my chest in an attempt to get warm. It's cold as shit right here.

"Come on." She whines again and pushes my head. "Dad wants to take you out for the last time before you go back home."

"But I'm tired and cold Bella." I whine and sit up to look at her.

"Yeah but you can be tired and cold at home." She reasons. "Just come on."

I roll my eyes and mumble profanities under my breath on my way to the bathroom.

After getting dressed and having a cup of coffee, my father and siblings and I are in the car on our way to some diner.

"Turn that up." My brother says from the back seat.

"Oh hell no." I reply and hook my phone up to the aux cord. "No way in hell that I'm listening to that crap."

"Y/N." My father says in a stern tone.

"Trust me." I tell him. "I say worse on a daily basis."

He shakes his head and chuckles.
"Heres some money." He says, handing a few bills to the back. "Go enjoy yourselves at the game centre and meet me in an hour."

A chorus of agreements is heard before the five humans exit the car.

As soon as the door closes, my father looks over at me and shoots me a small smile.

"Daddy and daughter day?"

"Psh. You know I'm too old for that." I laugh. "But we can chill."

"That's fine with me." He nods and opens the door, allowing the cold air to enter the car.

I pull my coat tighter around me and wrap my scarf around my neck again.

It's so cold.

I wouldn't mind Dinah cuddles, but she's so far away.

My father puts his hand on the small of my back and leads me into the diner.

He gets a small booth and orders coffee for us.

"So, this is your last day here." My father says, giving me a sad smile.

"Yup." I sigh.

"Are you excited to leave?"

"Kind of." I sigh. "I'm gonna miss you guys but my life is still in California."

He nods respectfully. "My life was there too once."

"Are you still trying to persuade me to move in with you?" I ask, amused.

"Is it working?"

"Not at all." I laugh.

"So what's keeping you?" He asks, thanking the waitress as she puts the coffee down.

"What do you mean?" I ask, putting sugar in the warm beverage. "My life is there. Mom is there. My friends are there."

"And your significant other?" He asks with a smirk, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Why do you call it a significant other?" I ask, rolling my eyes some. "And what about them?"

"Is he the reason why you don't wanna move?"

"Not at all." I shake me head, taking a sip of the coffee too. "And its not exactly a he."

"You're dating girls now?" My father asks, slightly shocked.

"Well yeah she's a girl. But we're not exactly dating yet." I shrug. "We've been on a date though."

"Wait. When did you start liking girls?" My father asks, putting the porcelain cup down on the table.

"I didn't exactly start liking girls." I put my cup down too. "It actually just started with her."

"So, this might be a phase?" He asks, inching his hand towards mine.

"I don't know." I sigh in honesty and allow him to hold my hand.

"But I know that i like her."

"So when am I gonna meet her?" He asks, squeezing my hand.

"When you get your ass back home." I joke and he releases my hand and chuckles.

"Watch your mouth little girl." He jokes too.

"Yeah yeah." I roll my eyes. "So, you approve? You know... of me dating a girl?"

"I have no objections." He nods. "And this is your life. And I'll support you no matter what."

"I love you." I smile.

"I love you too." He replies. "Lets order."

Two hours later.

"What are you doing now?" Dinah asks as she angles her phone properly and lays down on her stomach.

"Packing." I reply, mirroring her position.

"I really miss you." She pouts.

"I miss you too." I reply. "And its so cold over here. I miss your cuddles."

"You're so cute." She giggles. "When will I be expecting you?"

"Tomorrow morning." I yawn. "But I'll probably sleep all damn day."

"You can't do that. When am I gonna spend time with my baby?" Dinah asks with a pout.

Worst part is, I'm not able to kiss it away.

"On Wednesday." I bite my lip.

"Why Wednesday?" She asks with a frown.

"Because I'm gonna sleep tomorrow and then I have a job interview on Tuesday." I shrug.

"When were you gonna tell me?" Dinah asks. "You know, about the job interview?"

"What do you mean? Why would you want to know?" I ask.

"Well I think it's important that we tell each other things Y/N." Dinah says, sitting up straight now.

"It's not like we're in a relationship." I mumble under my breath, but it seems as if she heard me.

"Oh."

"Yeah." I reply. "Listen." I scratch the back of my neck. "I need to finish packing." I sit up and gesture towards my clothes. "I'll see you soon?"

"Sure." Dinah nods. "Bye Y/N."

"Bye D." I sigh and put my phone off, not wanting anymore interruptions.

"Shit." I mumble and start folding my clothes.

"Slow your roll." My sixteen year old sister jokes as she comes into the room. "Didnt know you wanted to leave us this quickly."

I don't respond and continue packing at lightening speed.

I need to get out of here and fix my mistakes.

At the airport.

"Take care of yourself okay?" My father says as he kissed me on my forehead. "And call me when you get home."

"Will do." I tell him.

I just really, really need to get home right now.