Ch.3) Getting Used To It

My hands slips away from the boys arm and I walk towards the handsome man in front of me.

"Hello," I say extending my hand for him to shake.

He glances down at it then looks back up at me with those yellow eyes, taking my hand gently he greets me in a firm handshake.

Now, I'm not one to shiver for anything other than when it's cold as hell or I see something creepy as hell. Never have I ever trembled from something so pleasurable. Something so good, I've heard of people reacting strongly from just a mere touch but to go through that... It's shocking. His skin against my skin was less like a shock.

More like burning awakening. And my eyes widened a bit in surprise as I stare down at our hands. Desperate to pull away but also desperate to pull him closer. He felt warm... he felt good. And I was slowly becoming lost in it all.

I watch the man curiously now, my mind running with thoughts almost as fast as my heart was beating.

"How are you feeling Ines?" he asks me.

"Fine. Will you tell me your name now?" I retaliate.

His eyes narrow a bit at me and the corner of his mouth twitches, "Jerias."

I smile at him, "Jerias," I try his name out just as he had done mine, "You said you brought me back. How?"

He looks down at my hands still in his and pulls away, "Sit," he points to a chair, "Food should be arriving soon."

"Lovely. The foods amazing here."

I take a seat across from Jerias and we sit awkwardly in silence until the food arrives.

The boy eventually returns, laying a delicious plate in front of me, "Thank you," I tell him.

He nods and leaves.

"You aren't eating?" I ask Jerias when I notice no plate of food was placed in front of him.

"No."

"You aren't hungry?"

"...Yes

"So... why aren't you eating?" I almost laugh, but not sure if he was trying to be funny I hold back.

"This food doesn't necessarily fit my appetites criteria."

"Sucks for you," I say taking a mouthful from my plate, "It's delicioush."

His face remains unexpressive, "So how was your morning?"

"Good. Although I could have done without the corset."

He raises an eyebrow at me, "You will get used to it."

I couldn't tell if he was telling me or reassuring me.

"Do you trust me Ines?"

I look up at him surprise, "Are you seriously asking me that?"

He doesn't answer me and just stares as if he genuinely wants to know, but even then I'm unsure of that. Instead, I wondered if he sat home all day practicing that poker face he was now very much acting out.

"Fine. Frankly, no I don't trust you. But I died and you brought me back. So now I have questions, and you have the answers," I look at him now, "I assume I must owe a lot to you now as well. You gave me back my life after all."

Jerias shifts in his chair and meets my gaze firmly, "Right so... you're human in case you're wondering" he begins and gestures quick and smooth with his hand, "because obviously this must be all a little strange yeah?" My shoulders, which I hadn't realized were so tense, begin to relax as I found myself relieved from the words, "I gave you a bit of my blood because it was compatible enough to have you be Amaranthine. My Amaranthine specifically, Amaranthine is Eternal Source. Food."