Ch.10) The Other Choice

sorry for not updating in sooo long (two weeks I think lol) but here is chapter ten. And chapter eleven will be up a lot sooner than this one was.

"You sure you don't want some company?

"Nope," Arie sighs and faces Ronan, "Now leave me alone please."

"I know the city better than you." Ronan urges, "Maybe I should go with you. It'll be safer that way."

"Ronan," Arie stomps her foot down suddenly and throws her hand towards Jerias's direction, "Jerias isn't bothering Ines. Be more like him!"

I glance over at Jerias who isn't laughing but the faint curve of his lips tells me he wants to. Ronan was being a bit over bearing with Arie and wanting to go with us to the city today. Arie was being just as over bearing in telling him no. I didn't know why he wanted to go so bad nor did I know why Arie was so against it, but I didn't care. I honestly just wanted to leave already. I wasn't so up for it before but I suppose having a relatable companion come along with me enlightened my mood about seeing Romania.

"And by the way," she continues, rolling her eyes, "I know the city just as well as you do. I've been exposed to your environment for quite sometime now. And I go out," she loops her arms around mine, "Now if you'll excuse me."

Arie spins us around and we head towards the door.

"If something happens don't call me for help." Ronan shrugs casually as he follow us, "And things will happen Arie. And you must remember that is a new Amaranthine under your care there."

Arie groans and turns back around, "Jerias, tell Ronan leave me alone. I'm leaving and there's nothing he can do about it."

"Okay..." Jerias complies humorously, "Ronan. Arie told me to tell you that she insist y-"

"Jerias," Ronan raises his hand stopping him, "Please."

Jerias shrugs and sighs lazily, leaning on a couches arm rest and he adjust his rolled up white sleeves. His hand moves up to his face, and I watch as his thumb discreetly runs over his lower lip. A light fluttering sensation arises in my stomach as I think about how handsome he his.

A sudden pull at my arm from Arie, who was still bickering with Ronan, pulls me back to Earth. We're spun back around towards the door and Arie hauls us outside.

"Wait," Ronan tells Arie, "At least give me a hug before you leave." He raises his arm beckoning her over.

A bashful look comes over her face and she tries scowling to cover it up. Nonetheless though she still makes her way to him. I hold in laughter and look away shyly. My eyes wander the room, looking everywhere except at Jerias, only because I was very aware that his eyes were on me. That heated gaze isn't always something anyone could ever ignore or not notice.

"Alright Ronan. That's enough, let me go." Arie's muffled voice sounds out from his chest.

I look over at them giggling this time when I witness Arie trapped in a bear hug. Glancing away again my eyes stumble on Jerias's this time.

And I don't look away.
I mean, it's too late now anyways. I've been caught. It's like a cat and mouse game. Maybe more like a spider and a fly. I'm caught and stuck in his home, a web, and slowly he coils me up. And one day he'll eat me whole.