Ch. 16) The Blessing

A/N: hey y'all. I brought you a little chapter here... it's not a lot cause again I'm on break but still I thought I'd bring this to the table. Enjoy!!

.
.

.

.

.
.

Arie

"You think I should start growing my hair back out?" I toy with my short curls staring in mirror.

Ronan stretches across the bed, turning his body around to face me, "Doesn't matter love, you're beautiful either way," he yawns.

I spin around and pose for him, "Really?" I giggle playfully, "You think so?"

Ronan laughs rubbing his eyes and shutting them as he sighs, "Course babe." I cock my head at him and lift my hands to my hips giving him one hard long look before I throw myself on the bed and on top of him. Ronan grins grabbing my waist immediately and turns me over, "Jesus girl. Relax." He mumbles. His eyes are still shut when he says it and I sit up staring down at him much like a mother would do her disobedient child.

"How in the world are you tired Ronan? You shouldn't be tired," lifting my hands I throw them around, "I'm pretty sure that goes against the laws of... I don't know the nosferatus mechanism. And you drank all that blood from me? Boy you better get yourself together. Sitting here acting tired and all. Mm mm not with me. Look alive baby. Look alive"

Ronan burst into a fit of laughter and peaks at me through one eyes, "Why in the world aren't you tired, because you're entirely correct," Ronan quirks an eyebrow, "I most definitely did take a lot of blood from you." Mumbling now he says, "yet you still can manage to be a pain in my ass."

Smiling wide I lie down besides him, "That's what I am to you huh? A pain in your ass."

Ronan rolls over throwing his arm loosely around me and gives me a short lazy smile, "Yeah..." He mumbles, "Secrets out."

I stare at him, "You're an asshole."

The corner of his lips quirk up slowly and he opens his eyes, "I still love you."

Unable to control the happiness rising in me I snuggle up closer to him and cup his face, "I love you too." Being in love with him... And him being in love with me. We admitted that to each other a few years ago. Yet it still felt like a dream. The mere thought that I wasn't just an Amaranthine to him, but instead a lover. It's was the sweetest comfort, yet a daring and dangerous thing to do; our relationship to delve deeper than just Amaranthine and nosferatu. I knew. He knew.

But the simple words of 'I love you' made us want to risk everything. Giving him a quick smooth kiss, I look him hard in the eyes, "but you're still an asshole."

"I'm your asshole," he mumbles sleepily. I smile at his corny remark and pat his face gently.

"Well," I urge softly, "It's my turn to be an asshole."

"What do you mean?"

"I bet you're tired huh?"

"Exhausted... Dead beat."

Nodding slowly in a sympathetic manner I make a cooing sound, "It's unfortunate because you have a meeting in thirty minutes."