Ch. 29) The Poetry and Tortures of Love

A/N: the words in italics is the poem they spoke of in the last chapter. I separated it out here and there for the beginning of this chapter. Alright y'all enjoy.
.

.

.

.

.
.
.

It may not have been of something entirely sweet.
Oh but it was kind. How gentle it touches thee.

For it cured, left my our skin undeniably warm.
It's love raw, and not adorned.

I think my feet were moving before I could even really process the information... before I could become technical and consider all possibilities. My feet were moving.
No. My heart was.

You may call it's purity ruthless.

For we've left it hidden but it could never be tamed.

My heart was pulling and racing and trying with all its strength and power all while drowning in unyielding and unmerciful emotions.

My tears hadn't fallen because I had nothing to be sad about. Yes, I was worried and scared. But I was angry, and with that anger, I was desperate to get to Jerias. With that I anger I chose to fool myself like a naive little child.

Spoken even when we tied our tongue, the high harmonies of it had always sung.

Singing when we touched. Singing when we didn't.

The pain just as powerful as the healing it displayed.

"Ines!"

I was going to get to Jerias.

Oh but I won't run this time. Not ever, for he shall find
neither of us to breath with out
the other. How terrible he says?
How weak?

"Ines stop!"

I was going to save him.

But how wonderful! How pure!

"Ines!"

And then everything was going to be fine.

Even in the bloody mess. I, even in the war, know my beloved that it is coming.

I am coming.

Hands wrench at my arm, pulling at me but I don't look to see whom they may belong too. They clearly had no reason to stop me anymore and they felt no need to pull me away. The small gasp coming from them echoed through the glass and silver stained hallway and seemed louder and more vivid within the brightly lit area, the luminescent bulbs harsh on the eyes... yet the small gasp I found, to be more cruel, it scrapped against my skin. It crushed the bones in my body and peeled at the thick skin of my heart. Because it meant that what I was seeing was, in fact, real. It wasn't just a horrid dream.

"Ines..." the voice was a whisper and now I turn around to meet with Ronan's form. Immediately his hand releases his hold on me and he seems almost ashamed. Ashamed for what... for trying to stop me? Ashamed for letting this happen?

Unbothered by it I quickly stare at Arie who was running towards us, not waiting I turn back around, and take unnaturally steady steps to Jerias. My bare feet pressing against the cool steel ground, my hands clutching at the elegant ball gown to keep them from shaking. And so the world slowed, everything became numb and I let my eyes fall lower at the battered form Jerias was in. His bloody white shirt in ruins and scraps, barely hanging onto him anymore. Clearly torn from long sharp slashes, blood spewing from the gashes on his body still and I knew that there was silver contained in the weapons that did this to him. And to my horror I find myself envisioning the scene, men standing around him and repeatedly cutting him. Jerias being the proud individual he was wouldn't have cried out, the agony would've shown in his face yes... but he wouldn't have cried, he wouldn't have screamed. And I could see that the men didn't care, for even his bare feet were bloody.