Ch. 27) In One Moment

A/N: hey guys! How've ya been? Good? Bad? Worse lol... yeah I feel you. Anywho, hopefully this makes you feel batter tho. Have fun reading. And check out my new book Raptured| The Captain's Wife! 😊

.

.

.

.

.

Markys

It was another restless night with me lying in bed. So long as my son was gone, I knew I'd never get the sleep I need. And it'd been four nights now. For how long did he plan on playing these charades?

Part of me hoped forever. Part of me hoped he'd never return, for when he does he'd only find himself in a fearsome sort of trouble. More members of the councils stood against him than those with him. Even some of those who I knew quite well to have Amaranthine's they held relationships with. Yet still the was no ounce of mercy.

I once too stood in the place. That frightening frightening position, and I wished desperately that I could save him.

So I did everything in my power to stop it, to keep him safe, yet the Beings' couldn't have more useless.

"It must be done Markys, the path that begins will follow it to its end." I recalled her saying

"My only child's end you mean?" I dared to question.

"He could live-"

"They will kill him!" I screamed, overflowing with rage, I gave no cares to remember my duty to respect the higher ones.

"But things will change Markys," she spoke softly now, "Isn't that what you wanted?"

"I want my son alive," my voice bled with despair when I said this to her and her ominous black eyes met mine before she shook her head.

"The flaw in our history will be reverted," she said before leaving, "We cannot allow Nosferatus to keep living this way, with hate it'll only grow worse otherwise. The creation of you're kind is in our hands, this is our responsibility. It will come to end. All of it."

In return I gave no reply, all I could simply do was wait for her to leave.

"I'm sorry Markys," she said,"I will do everything in my power to keep him alive. But I cannot stop the arrest."

And then she was gone, leaving me with nothing in my hands. Nothing to hold, no shred of reassurance. The only thing I could do was warn Jerias. So I told Ronan to call him, only in fear that Jerias would still be too angry with me to converse with me.

After Ronan did so, Jerias I heard of course remained calm. Like he already knew...

Perhaps, he was ready for this? Perhaps he did know? The Beings made clear their warning to him that day, and Jerias... all he could do was accept.

But I... I couldn't. I never will.

Ines

I shut the bathroom door behind me, doing my best to ignore the taunting chuckle coming from the room.

That little-
He thought I wasn't going to do it?
Well I wasn't... before.