Ch.14) Three days

The grass crunches and rustles underneath my feet. It was unusually cool for a late summer afternoon, but I found the weather to be perfect for my liking. The sun still shone brightly, but it wasn't excessively hot, the wind blew strong enough to cool one off, yet not enough to throw my hair all over my face. Which went rather well for me since I decided to leave my curls out.

I was quickly becoming accustomed to walking outside in regular clothing. The stares would always be noticeable but some music cleared my mind and helped me ignore them. And talking became peaceful.

Danto, who was wonderful and easy to talk to, was still always being compared to him. Well, I suppose it was my fault, I haven't seen Jerias in days. Three to be precise. Which isn't long but- I actually miss him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I say quickly giving a short smile. Walking a little faster I head behind a tree, and glance to Danto.

"So when do you plan to go back home?" I ask.

"I don't know," he shrugs and smiles, "Why? You want me gone that bad?"

Laughing I shake my head, "No. A person could just be wondering. I mean, you're not Amaranthine, and besides the interview next week you have no other reason to be here."

"Yeah... but not really. I do still have one reason afterwards to be here."

"Oh yeah? What reason?"

Grinning he leans forward, "You."

Unable to stop the smile spreading over my face, "You know I should've saw that one coming you tease."

"Oh? Have I surprised you then?"

Leaning back against the tree I shrug, "Oh please. Like never."

"I would like to one day. You're not really easy to read you know?"

My brows shoot up, "Me?"

"You."

"As in Ines Patience Archer."

"Well I don't believe I know any other ones."

Shaking my head, "Danto. Really. Why are you doing this?"

"What?"

"This. You're here, with me walking and talking and smiling and flirting. But I'm always going to be here. And you...? Well you'll leave eventually. And I know you know how complicated being an Amaranthine is. Imagine how it is trying to date one.

"Well are you not having a good time?"

"No, no that's not it. I'm having a wonderful time. And I have been everyday since we started this thing but it's just-"

"Then it doesn't matter." Danto smiles. His eyes are so warm and his expression is enchanting. His whole vibe is so welcoming and promising, he makes me feel relaxed almost.

"If we're here now having a wonderful time, then maybe we should just continue being here. Now. And having a wonderful time."

I feel my cheeks heat up and my smile spreads wider, "You know you're pretty good."

He leans in again and his arm rest against the tree above my head, "I am aren't I." He lets a huge side grin stretch across his face, and his nostrils flare wide.

I burst out laughing, "Eww, get out." I push my hand towards his chest and he barely moves, only laughs harder.

"What? I thought I was pretty cute there."