Ch.11) Move On

"Come on," Arie's laugh is genuine as she waves her arm at me to follow her, as I was clearly well distracted and staring all around me. Breathlessly taking in the taste of the city very classic taste. Marble and cement stood tall and vintage with its old tombs, stones, and monuments. The old architecture blending with the new works of houses and buildings gave it a welcoming sense.

"Ines come on," Arie grabs my arm and we walk fast passing a large fountain, shaped and crafted into a rose. Elegantly spouting out water.

"It's no different than a really nice place down in New York. We came to shop so let's shop."

Laughing I look at her only for a moment and shake my head, "New York is nothing like this. It's like Italy crashed into New York and nearly demolished it."

"We're here," she stops in front of one of the newer buildings, "Come on." We're hauled inside the store.

The mall surprisingly resembled any ordinary and modern mall. I suppose I was expecting an old fashioned style to play around here.

"Shoes first?" Arie suggest to me and before I can answer she shakes her head, "No. Pants. We need to get you some jeans. And sweatpants. Bet you miss sweat pants."

"And shorts," I mumble slightly distracted by the careful eyes of everyone that seem to be watching me.

Nosferatu's...

"Are all of them so beautiful," I breath out.

Arie looks around shrugging and starts to walk and I follow behind her, "And tall. They carry a sense of magnificence around them." I stare at them in a bit of admiration.

"They're alluring and magnetic people," she shoots a death glare at a pale women with solid and shiny black hair. Her face is beautiful and her stance is proud, her dark eyes are hard and bright, but they look over at us in slight disgust.

"But they're rude sometimes," she mumbles and turns a corner to the left, "it only makes ensemble though. Poisonous things are beautiful."

For second I'm rattled by the comment, but that is before I realize what is true. We are prey to this beautiful creatures, and they will always he the magnetic predator.

Jerias draws me into his overwhelming presence even when he don't want it. Even when I don't want it... He is my magnetic predator.

We walk past several stores and head to the escalator.

Carefully stepping on and grabbing onto the railing my hand bumps against a man's arm. Quickly he turns his head and the gaze of his blue eyes catches mine. I retract my hand immediately, "Sorry," I say quickly.

To my surprise he flashes me a bright smile and I think he winks at me, "It's alright miss."

My face heats up as I blush.

"Ah," he suddenly utters put with falsified surpris, "An Amaranthine?" He breaths in deeply his nostrils flaring as he'd just gotten in a good whiff of something delicious, "Out alone?"

Woah... Is he actually trying to have a conversation, "N...No," I wave a hand at Arie whom I also share a wide eyed worried expression with, "Here with a friend."

His smile falters seductively, and his gaze seems to intensify as he breaths in deeper, "And you're without your nosferatu."

"Yeah we do that sometimes us humans," Arie sarcastic play on words threatens the man sparking up a conversation with me, "We can go out and do things on our own. Amazing right?"

His smile drops aggressively and he shoots a glare of stone and ice at Arie. The irritation reflecting clear in that ominous stare, "Know your place love." He simply says.