Ch. 28) The Trials of Love

A/N: Not much to say. Sorry for not updating for so long. That's was max ik. But school man... I double updated so, hopefully you guys are feeling that.

The night was crisp in its nature. Much cooler than it should be for late August. The careful transition of summer to fall, where the sun stays for shorter hours and the sky embraces the night and the moon much more willingly, much more patiently. Where the trees no longer blurred into that one singular color but danced around with different lovely hues. Orange, reds, browns. Surly one could find pleasantries within the sweet savory moments of fall. Yet this crisp night. This cold night, uttered but one feeling, one word; angst. The terror in my eyes reflected upon the sky every time I looked at it.

Tomorrow, in the morning, where the sun rose in the sky. Perhaps in attempt to glare light on our darkest areas. Our lives. The corners that have remained empty and cold. But fighting. Always fighting. Tomorrow when the time comes, it will still be the crisp clear night. It will still be the start of the end.

Funny how we dismiss the phase, the start of the end. For the end is a long process of turmoil, repetition that continues to occur in a variety of different ways. The feeling of exhaustion growing and, strength... hope residing somewhere far beyond where you heart beats in your chest.

Would my desire... or perhaps my drive to stand here looking at the sky, realizing how even when tomorrow comes anew it will yet still be a continuous night sky, be a trait of naivety? A foolish wish, a dream I conjured in my mind in times of heaviness and seemingly impermanent losses.

Or is it bravery? Could hope and strength be something conjured from my willingness to believe, to give, to know... that this wasn't it? That I could do this. We could do this.

He... can do this.

He can do this right? He can change the minds and hearts of some many people. Show that love truly moves through so many ways, and always remains limitless. That it isn't refined, and never defined. Just endless, and there should be no wars, no hate, no.. deaths because of that. Only celebrations.

Because love, it conquers in way I believe... it- love knows no boundaries.

And Jerias... he can convince people of that. He can show them. He can fight. He can live. Survive this.

This pointless yet terrifying moment, fight...

"He can do it." I whisper all while looking up at the sky still. As if I was talking to the moon and the stars.

"He can."

Spinning quickly but mostly not alarmed, I look to Markys curiously.

Such a resemblance Jerias carried to him, as if Markys was some future version of him.

"With you I think he can. He will. You..." he waves his arm to me, "You will."

I open my mouth to disagree but my voice is lodged somewhere deep inside of me. Lost.

In return Markys misreads my demeanor, "Sorry if I disturbed you," he says in his defense, "The door... it was open, I would've said something but... you looked a bit lost..." he point to the large windows, "Staring out the window as such."

Shaking my head I look down and wrap my arms around myself, "No-" my voice cracks so I cough to clear it, "No it's okay." I give small smile to him and stare at the papers in his hands, "Are those the files on the councilmen."