Ch.5) Sad Melodies

"So have you decided where you would like to go exactly," Lana asked while tightening the strings of my dress.

"Actually," I say as I casually through my lose of breath, "I've decided I don't want to go anywhere anymore."

Lana stops moving, "Really," she tugs again a little harder and my eyes widen in discomfort before lowering in irritation, "And why may that be?" She asks.

"No reason, just not ready yet I guess."

Lana doesn't reply immediately and finishes off the strings of my dress. It was a black dress this time and it was sleeve less.

"Well then what is it that you want to do then?"

"Nothing too big," I shrug and begun to put my shoes on, "Maybe, uh, what Mr. Ermanno? Jerias? Or is that too formal?" I continue without waring for a response while strain to pull on my shoes, "Is he available? Maybe we can get to know each other better in the meantime?"

She raises a questioning eyebrow.

"Well he did say we were friends did he not," I retaliate, "I don't know how it goes around here but where I'm from people usually build up to that level."

She roll her eyes and huffs out humored, "Jasper!" She suddenly calls out and the door open.

"Yes?" He pokes his head through the door.

"Go see if Mr. Ermanno has any plans for the day."

"Yes ma'am." Jasper hurries off. He's always in a hurry that boy. He's never relaxed about anything. Even the simplest of things.

"Thank you," I smile to Lana and take a seat in my bed.

"Well don't thank me yet. Jerias is a busy man," she sits next me, "I'm just glad that you're normal and the so called feelings you had for the man are now gone."

I smile at her again. Gone? Yeah. Right..

"Me too," I sigh.

"Well if Jerias isn't busy I will take you to go see him and tidy up here then be on my way."

"Where are you going to go?" I ask.

"To see my husband. I'll be free today. I must use that time wisely."

I laugh.

"I'll be taking Jasper home with me if you don't mind."

"Do what you want," I shrug, "Does Jasper not have any family or friends? Does he live here?

Lana gives me a questioning look, "What do you mean? Jasper is my son honey."

"Are you serious," I gape at her surprised, "W-Wow... I'm sorry I didn't realize. You both look nothing alike. I couldn't tell."

"Why of course. He looks just like his father. Dark hair and dark eyes and the palest skin you've ever seen. The spitting image of Denis."

"You're husband?"

"Yes."

"How long have you two been together?"

"Nearly all of my centuries," with beaming eyes she clearly becomes drifted off into wonderful memories, "We met when I was in my mere twenties. And we waited to get married. Just because things were so disoriented. Our lives were in such havoc, yet when we were together..." she blinks and I wonder if she means to cry, "When we were together everything was perfect. We were perfect."

A strange yet and endearing warmth seeps it's way into my heart.

"Must be..." I clear my throat as my skin recollects the touch of large warm hands moving against me, coming in contact with me in ways I never could imagine for me. My body had begged for it. I begged for it, but he didn't stay.