Ch. 4) Forbidden

He said he was coming tonight and he told me through a letter he had Jasper send up to my room as if it was the eighteen hundreds, telling me to be ready and all. Honestly did he not want to see my face that bad?

He has lovely handwriting though; smooth curving letters that seemed to dance across the paper.

Anyways, it was night time now.

And I was most certainly ready. I've been ready for over two weeks. That's how long I haven't seen him. And I've wanted to see him so bad, as stupid and ridiculous as it was, I couldn't act as if I don't know what I felt or what I desired. The feeling was far more than intense, and I couldn't shake the memory out of my mind, the vivid image of his hands on my body. And like the idiot I was definitely being... I found myself going as far as dreaming of him touching me, holding me. Taking me. And tried over and over again to recognize that this and that had there differences. He was hungry, and I— I want him to feed even if I didn't realize I wanted him to. That was all this was... all this ever would be. As Lana told me just so. Since his thirst was growing, my need to have him "feed" or whatever, was growing. She repeatedly informed to avoid any confusion, the warning tone in her voice just as inevitable as the way I'd been feeling lately, there in my mind like clockwork too. And even though I tried to take what she said in, I still found myself getting confused.

I was honestly getting terribly confused.

Touring me around the mansion was the distraction tool, although Lana or Jasper refused to admit it. But I learned very quickly my way around. And soon I was succumbed to staying in my room with thoughts of Jerias invading my mind and being. Getting the letter informing me of his arrival brought me such elation, in which I was very embarrassed of.

"Aren't you happy Lana?" I ask her.

"Oh yes I am. Although not for the same reasons, I'm happy because once he feeds from you, these feelings you've been having will die off. And you will know I was right. And you were wrong, and you will finally stop being so confused with yourself."

I roll my eyes and smile at her, "Right... and what if your girl here stay confused?"

"Then grave and terrible things will come for you Ms. Archer."

"Oh yeah... Scary," sarcasm drooling from the words, I roll my eyes laughing.

Lana laughs, "In a serious manner Ines," she looks at me unsmiling now with a raised brow, "You should not develop feelings for the man. It will really be bad for you. It's really quite honestly forbidden."

"I know," I say becoming slightly annoyed.

"He may even come to despise you, Mr. Ermanno... He..." her eyes become distant and grave with a dark concern, "He does not have good history with the Amaranthine system Ines. Please just know that such a situation could possibly be punishable by death..."

What could've possibly happened to cause Jerias to not have a good history with Amaranthine, to hate it so much it seemed, "Death? I could be put to death for being with another person?" I narrow my eyes at her.

"Sometimes it happens Ines. And not just someone... A human and Nosferatu cannot be together."

I sigh a grumble out, "Just stop."

"I'm serious Ines."

"I know!" My voice rises.

She stands tall and looks me in the eye.

"I know," I say much more quietly, "I know, okay?" I don't know why I was getting so irritated, I shouldn't even really care honestly.

"Good. You must mind yourself."