Ch. 34) Blood

It smelled good.

Familiar. Sweet.

Mmm.

So familiar... Smelled like something I knew, something that was mine. And it made me hungry...

Blood.
There was blood everywhere.
I remember. It was blood.

I was bleeding so much and had ended up losing too much of my own blood.

And he kept laughing, he kept coming back fiercer and fiecer but I was chained up to the ground, there wasn't much that I could do. All I could do, was keep from screaming. I knew if I did it'd only satisfy him more. It never made sense to me, why he hated me so much. Was it my father? Or was it my Amaranthine? Was it his hate for humans and my love for another? I didn't know.

All I knew was the blood, and the pain, and torture, and me trying everything not to yell out in pain. I was afraid he'd really kill me if he got that last bit from me. And I couldn't die. Not now. I'd promised her I wouldn't die, I'd promise myself I wouldn't. That if there was one thing I was going to have. It was this.

This life, this bond, this love, with her...

So even as he laughed, and taunted with words that exposed hidden hatred deep inside him for me I promised myself no cries would be heard from me.

"You've no idea how long I've waited to kill you..."

"You'll be arrested when they find out what you're doing?"

"It'll be too late..." he smiles innocently at me, "With Ronan under suspicions this part of the facilities under my watch."

"What?" I glared at him, "What's happened to Ronan?"

"Nothing. Yet. But he decided to try and snoop through the council members business. I'm not sure what for, but he had no right. Even with you in prison. We didn't agree to hand him authorization yet... you know," he steps forward and his black leather shoes are stained with my blood, "It's just how things work and now he's in a bit of a jiffy."

I immediately think happily about how smart Ronan was for that. I knew what he was doing. Getting proof of their methods for obtaining blood would help them win the case. If he and the other elders really drank human blood without Amaranthine bondings. They'd be locked away forever.

Nikolai was a fool.
But he was smart. He was the only one here besides a couple of military men and who worked for the council's protection force. They had no choice but to listen to one of their leaders.
So Nikolai was all alone here which meant he was the leader. I wonder how many people he had following him?

"You're a fool Nikolai..." I smirk at him, "This will all come to an end soon and you will regret everything."

He lowers his body and looks at my face before shaking his head pitifully at me, "Who's the one chained to the ground like an animal?" He demeaning voice is cruel and the way his blue eyes darkened and smiled told me he truly believed he would kill me. That he'd get everything he wanted.

If my case wasn't won, everything truly will change.

How many innocent lives will die for this...?

He raises the silver knife in his hand and slides it deeply across my chests deeply through my skin. The silver burns and I hear my skin sizzle, and although I groan I still do not cry for him.

"We're exceptional creatures Jerias. But we do come with our weaknesses don't we..." he huffs out tired almost and he twirls the knife in his hand, "Like silver... or our... dire need for blood even... and then humans. Such- weaknesses. We have to learn to sustain...  live, with them, without them. Control them." Meeting my eyes firmly he slices the blade over his own as if to prove a point. Without wincing, without hesitance, he smiles, "Or death will find us quickly," he lips stretch wider and I know he finds something amusing, "Look at you. Those eyes... your father looked at me with those eyes when he was arrested. I heard the bad news... that he lives... Markys lives." He laughs by you can tell he doesn't find it humorous, "I should've killed him myself so it's my fault really I must admit. But... I certainly won't make that mistake again."