Ch.20) Sorrow Like a Sad Song

A/N: Hey. Here's music. Listen before reading. Or while, don't matter (middle part, you'll know when.) There's another song later in this chapter it'll say play now, so when it does just you know... play it. Anyways felt like this song fits the overall theme a bit- ish.

The day was sunny and warm, and Markys thought to himself that it was a rather swell sign. But the idea was only there to better his nervousness, after all, even with the days in between the ones leading up to this one he found in them no ways to calm the unwanted fear.

Not much was able to fear Markys, he was a man of many attributes and fear was not one of them, brave and kind he was, willing to stand when other wouldn't, when other couldn't. He took pride in himself for that, and before his great fall, many took pride in having a leader such as him. Yet all it took was his son, his mere son, his only child, to cause him to worry the way he was. Causing him to question himself and his decisions, if what he'd done this whole time was truly the right thing, if what he would do soon would be the right thing? And as much elated as he was for finally being able to greet his son, he found himself more frightened by the endless scenarios of how today could possibly go.

If his son rejected him, would he be able to live with himself?

"Oh Markys," Roseline's soft voice caress his racing thoughts and when he meets her gaze she silences the worries,"You're worried aren't you?" her slender cold fingers stroke his cheek and she sits down next to him, dressed in only her undergarments, "I'm with you my love. All will be fine."

"Do you know that?" Markys's golden eyes flashes with a bit of rage and Roseline only smiles at him.

"You think I only speak to comfort you..." her gentle voice dips with amusement, "You know better of me Markys," she stands and walks over to her closet. The slender hips of her small figure swaying as she goes, "I'm not afraid of hurting your feelings... even if it's just a little bit." She grabs a simple long skirt and when turning back around her lips curve playfully into a smile.

Markys to his astonishment smiles back at her suddenly thankful for her toying manners, even though the attribute had the tendency to become quite vexing towards him at some points, it lightened up his mood even if only a slight bit, "Rose darling, wear a dress."

"Markys my love, I'll wear what I please and offer me another attire again then I promise you I will go naked."

Markys stands and catches the sparkle in her light green eyes, before slipping his hands around her slim waist, "I don't find myself minding that so much. I rather like you naked, all the more easier to show you how much I do."

"Mm tempting Markys really," she replies sarcastically before slipping away from him on bouncy light feet. Markys cocks his head as he observes his lover, he could see she was unusually happy and he knew for why as well. She was happy for him, and today, and all that will come with it. She was happy that the hidden secrets would no longer stay hidden secrets and all the burdens she carried on those narrow shoulders of hers would finally be lifted. And though she would never admit it aloud she was happy to be apart of the family she remembered seemingly from so long ago, the very one that included his son.