Ch. 19) Dresses and Messes

A/N: Hey guys! Posting this while I'm at school instead of doing my work 🙄 lol. I low key almost forgot to update today 😂. Any whooo enjoy!!

.

.

.
.
.

.

.

.
.

I stare down at my shoes aware the laces of my boots were unraveling. I kick my foot out and make my way down the stairs anyways, not bothered enough to tie them that very second.

"Are you sure Evans? About the Being that is?"

I pause when I hear Jerias's voice. He sounded worried and stressed.

"Yes. I wasn't positive myself so I moved up closer to get a better look. Sure enough, there was a Higher Being with him."

"How about the mans face, have you seen what he looked like?"

"I still haven't gotten a clear view, it's always vague but... he looks rather familiar."

"Familiar isn't enough. Why'd he suddenly stop following her... we should've taken him down when he had the chance."

"Sorry to say this sir but... it seems he was closely associated with the Beings. If that is the case I believe we were in no position to even touch the man. Whatever he was doing, whatever his reason may have been to follow Ms. Archer, it involved the Higher Beings."

Follow Ms. Archer. Is someone following me? What the f-

"Why would Higher Beings be around so openly? If possible... Do you think..."

"What is it Jerias?"

"Nothing I- Perhaps it's something to do with Amaranthine bonding... The Higher Beings are the only ones to know the truth, and a strange man has been following Ines around."

"Ines is your Amaranthine..."

"Exactly..." I hear Jerias sigh, "Evans, I need you to gather some men, have them search the entire city. We need to find out who this man is. We need to find him."

"Are you sure? If-"

"His associations with Higher Beings makes him all the more important. Find him."

"Understood sir."

There's a pause suddenly and I hold my breath afraid that maybe they found out I was there.

"Sir. Did you find out what the saying meant?"

"The saying...?"

"Yes, you mentioned before that the book kept changing Eternal Source to Eternal Love. Were you able to figure that out?"

"No it's still not clear..." I hear him then laugh but it's emotionless and cynical, "But it doesn't take a genius to understand what it meant. It's just... so hard to believe."

"Perhap we were fed a lie sir. Perhaps... that is the truth," I hear Evans sigh as he pauses a moment, "Sulana has made me promise not to tell you Jerias but... she'd found a letter recently while changing Ms. Archer sheets."

"A letter? Who was it too?"

Oh my- shit. I lost that thing like two weeks ago. I completely forgot to place it back into my draw and left it under my pillow. I knew Sulana took it but I was too afraid to ask her about it. Jerias is gunna be so mad at me.