Ch. 30) Holding Me

A/N: here's the update... like five thousand years later. 😭 Tch, sorry guys lol. I promise to make the next update way sooner.

6 Days Later, September 6

When I was seven, I skinned my knee.

As with most kids I enjoyed the vibrant energy I was overflowing with and jumped skipped and hopped everywhere I went. I was ridding my bike that day even though it was broken, and so very unsteady. My mom didn't have enough money to get it fixed at the moment so she told me to set it aside until she does. Of course I didn't listen.

The result was a sore and terribly skinned knee, painful and bleeding, full of dirt and grass. I cried so much at that moment, tears streaming down my face as the pain of the small accident took me. It wasn't the worse thing but... it hurt.

That's what it felt like right now.

It felt like I was on a dangerous and unsteady ride I found to be exhilarating. Breathtaking. But still dangerous.

And then just like that, I took a wrong turn, or maybe my hands became unsteady holding the wheel. Maybe something was broken I didn't even know about it. Maybe... maybe I did. Perhaps someone has already warned me yet I still managed to not listen. And now I skinned my knee.

Now I skinned my heart.

Now someone I love more than anything in the world has died.

"Ines," I hear a whisper.

"Mm."

"Oh look at you baby..."

There was a soft touch. I couldn't put a name on who it belonged to but it was warm, gentle. And I knew to smile... I wanted to smile.

"Ines baby you need to wake up," the voice was almost elegant. Distant but serene. It almost sounded like-

"Mommy," I barely mumble. I try to lift my eyes to see her but they are to heavy. They felt glued shut.

"Patience my baby. You've grown up now haven't you."

"Mommy," I sob now.

Tears. I could shed tears but I couldn't open my eyes.

"How-how are you here?"

"You're dying baby."

"What...?"

"He died baby. Your life force was bounded to his. You're dying. You lost so much blood when you hurt yourself that way."

"I'll be with you..." I whisper.

"Don't think like that now. You fight baby... Patience you're so young... so sweet. You have a baby growing inside of you now honey."

"A baby." I smile, "Yes, we are having a baby."

"People who love you are waiting for you Ines..." mom's voice lowers softly and sounds much closer. I feel her skinny fingers slip into my own as she holds them. Mom had beautiful hands I remember. But they were rough. She was always working so hard to provide for the two of us.