Chapter 31-The Devils Music

The sky was dark and cloudy, the type of weather you wouldn't expect in July, but the dark stormy weather fitted perfectly well with Louis at the moment.

"Lou, it's gonna be alright." Harry assured him as they got out of Louis' car. "It'll go quick as! A couple of gig's in New York, come back get Tellie and then we're in Florida."

Louis wasn't listening, he hasn't been listening to Harry or Eleanor all morning, they'd both tried desperately to reassure him, but they didn't blame Louis as he venomously scoffed in reply.

"Louis Harry's right," Eleanor added as she leaned against the car door, she could Phoebe from here, all happy and chipper, it made Eleanor's stomach churn in disgust, the way Phoebe fluttered her long eyelashes and twisted her brown hair along her index finger. "It'll go quick."

Again Louis didn't reply, opening the back door of the car and helping Tellie out, his face was emotionless and plain. But his eyes were a dead give away of the unhappiness he was feeling.

"Are you sure you guys have to leave tonight?" Eleanor asked to neither Harry or Louis in particular.

"Yeah, we had to cancel a couple of concerts so we have to fill up out schedule." Harry replied matter-of-factually. Eleanor nodded and her eyes still glowering where she saw Phoebe.

"Bitch is coming." Eleanor said as her and Phoebe locked eyes.

"Only a month." Harry whispered to Louis as Tellie hugged his leg. He just nodded in response, no words managing to come from his lips.

"I'm surprised." Phoebe said as she walked over to the group, her arms folded across her chest. "I thought you'd come at ten at night and be all smart ass's about it. I guess you've grown up Louis."

Louis' eyes were only Tellie, his hands stroking her hair. He slowly lifted his eyes and glared at Phoebe.

"I have nothing to say to you." He seethed.

"Well in that case," Phoebe looked to Tellie with a wide grin. "Come on sweetie we're gonna have some fun aren't we? Yeah come on Tellie, let's go honey."

"She's six," Louis hissed as Tellie cowered behind his leg. "Not two."

"I'm aware of how old my daughter is." Phoebe snapped.

"Well at least you know something." Eleanor retorted. Phoebe's glare went from Louis to Eleanor who already looked like she would punch the living daylights out of her.

"You know I'd rather you didn't but in to this Eleanor isn't it? Well either way, this is my child-"

"Hardly." Eleanor countered. "You haven't even tried to be in her life for the past two years, if I were you I wouldn't boast to much."

"El..." Louis whispered. "Please don't make this harder."

The plea in Louis' voice was obviously, making sympathy rush over her face. She nodded but still glared at Phoebe.

"I've got stuff to do," Phoebe muttered. "Tellie come on we-"

"I don't wanna go with you." Tellie cut in. She tightened her grip on Louis leg her eyes full of plea. "I wanna stay with daddy."

Phoebe held back her tears and out a fake grin on her face.

"Tellie come on." Phoebe said holding her hand out. Tellie shook her head and let go of Louis' leg and stepped back. "Louis, talk to her."

Louis sighed and bend down so he was Tellie's height. "You remember what we talked about right?" He asked as he looked at Tellie who nodded slowly. "It's only for a little while, you're gonna be fine."

Louis stood up straight again and Tellie automatically latched her arms to his leg. Phoebe drummed her fingers against her thigh annoyance coming over her.

"You wanna say goodbye so we can get going?" Phoebe said to no one in particular.

"Come on Tellie," Louis said. "You have to let go of my leg."

"No." Tellie replied bluntly.

"Tellie, let go off my leg."

The moment Tellie let go of Louis' leg Phoebe grabbed her hand. The six year old let out a small whimper as she reached out her other hand to Louis.

"Louis, I think you's should go now, I can handle her." Phoebe said as Harry handed her Tellie's suitcase.

Yeah..." Louis muttered quietly. By now Tellie was in tears ignoring Phoebe as she tied to calm her down. Tellie cried as she watched Eleanor and Harry got into Louis' car.

"Louis..." Eleanor whispered as Louis walked towards Tellie and Phoebe.

"I want your number." Louis said bluntly as he picked Tellie up. "I don't care how minor it is if anything happens call me."

"So what your saying is," Phoebe said dully. "Is that if she falls over and scrapes her knee you want me to call you?"

"Yes." Louis answered as Tellie cried into his shoulder. "I don't care what it is. Call me."

Phoebe sighed and pulled a Samsung Galaxy from her jean pocket and handed it Louis. "Guess you better out your number in."

If you hurt her-"

"Are you serious!" Phoebe spat. "You think I'd hurt her?"

Louis handed Phoebe her phone back. "Yeah I do, but I guess you can't hurt her more than you did by leaving her."

Louis kissed Tellie's forehead before putting her on the ground.

"It's only for a little bit." He assured her. He looked at Phoebe then back to Tellie. "Give her hell if you want."

"Don't leave daddy." Tellie cried.

"I've got to love, I'll come and get as soon as I can okay?"

Louis gave Phoebe one last glare before walking towards his car, Tellie crying loudly. Phoebe was holding her hand making sure Tellie couldn't run away. The six year olds screams where quiet but still blood curling. Somehow Phoebe imagined that this was hell, listening painfully as her own child screamed, it could've easily been the devils music, horrible, painful, and most of all made Phoebe regret everything.

(A/N

Hi...

I've got over three thousands reads on this book now! ERMAHGOWD!

But

Anyway

Four

Votes

Three

Comments

For

An

Update

-Paige