The Haunted

*This chapter was originally left out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

It has been a month since Vicki became a vampire and things have started to die down but people were still looking for her because Matt and Jeremy were still worried and won't rest until they find her alive. Stefan told us the night she ran away she fed on Logan after Damon killed him and that's how she completed her transition. So now she's staying with them until she learns how to control her hunger.

Stefan trying to get her to adapt to the animal diet he prefers over human blood but I highly doubt that she'll choose that diet with that kind of attitude. I can bet that she's going to turn out to be repulse as Damon.

Elena dragged me to Stefan's place to see how he was handling Vicki okay when I really don't want to see the bitch who slept with my ex. We walked up to the porch and rang the doorbell a couple of times before Damon opened it with a smirk on his face. Seeing that it was Damon we became annoyed.

"Is Stefan here?" Elena asked without any greetings.

"Yep!" He replied.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"And good morning to you both, little miss 'I'm on a mission'." He said, greeting us with a snarky attitude.

Elena fold her arms and glared at him. "How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?"

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" He mocked her.

"If you wanted us dead, we would've been." She said.

"Yes, you would." He replied.

"But we're not." I told him.

"Yet."

"So what's stopping you?" I asked but he doesn't answer. "You had your chance to kill us that night cos' Stefan wasn't around. What's stopped you?"

He grew irritated at me and I smiled. "Where is Stefan?"

"He's upstairs singing "The rain in Spain". Knock yourself out." He told us before getting past us.

As he moved past me his face was close to mine, our lips were just passing each other. I felt his gaze on me and I peek a look at him before I quickly looked away. Damon leaves and we closed the door behind us.

We walk down the hall to look for Stefan. "Stefan?" Elena called out but no answer. "Stefan?"

"Yes." He finally answered.

We snapped our heads towards the stairs and saw him standing there. "Where is Vicki?" I asked, not that I care.

He placed his finger to his mouth and pointed up. "She's upstairs." He said softly and came down walking over to us.

"What happens now?" Elena asked. "Because our brother is out there searching for her with the rest of the town. What do we tell him?" She asked.

"I'm working with her, but it's gonna take time." He answered quietly.

"She's a very volatile and impulsive personality. She's a drug user. I mean, all that's gonna play a part in how she responds to this." He explained trying to get us to understand.

"So, she's a vampire with issues?" I mocked.

"What are we supposed to do? Because we're lying to everyone that we care about. What's gonna happen to her?" Elena asked with worry.