Pilot

Hey guys,

Thank you for giving this book a chance, I know most of you have probably read many many fanfiction books on The Vampire Diaries, but every book is different. And like every other stories this has a slow start because the best parts doesn't come until later.

To those that are re-reading this again, some parts maybe different and new because after I took this down I had to reconstruct it. This was temporarily taken down for some re-modelling and editing, and I've added some of the chapters that I've left out so it's all good now. I feel like it's complete with all the chapters.

I do not own The Vampire Diaries or any of its characters just my own character, everything else is from its original owner.

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I got a call from Sheriff Forbes in the middle of the night when I was out partying at a bonfire with a bunch of drunken teenagers. She informed me that my parents and Elena had an accident at the Wickery Bridge so here I was.

I was surrounded with the flashing lights of blue and red, everything was just a blur. I couldn't focus to hear anything. I was still comprehending the fact that Sheriff Forbes just told me my parents were dead at the bottom of the lake and somehow Elena miraculously survived that and was found at the bay.

Jenna came as soon as she was notified about the accident and was comforting me and my sister. Elena was given CPR and put on the gurney with an IV strapped to her but she was still groggy from the impact.

She asked us where our parents were but I couldn't tell her.

Sheriff Forbes came up to us with a sympathetic look and I know she means it because she's known us when we were little toddlers. Her daughter Caroline is my best friend.

"I know this must be hard for you to accept this but those bodies are definitely Miranda and Grayson Gilbert." She told us and I close my eyes at the truth.

I shook my head. "This can't be happening."

"I'm so sorry." She said.

Elena was crying hysterically as I held her tight. "Where's Jeremy?" She asked.

"It's better if he's not here to see this." I told her.

I was crying in silence when I felt like I was being watched, I looked around but didn't catch any staring at me. I felt a chill crawl up my spine.

"We've got to get her to the hospital." The man that's been taking care of my sister spoke to us urgently. Jenna nodded to him.

"Laura you go with her. Jeremy and I will meet you at the hospital." She said and I just nodded.

I hopped into the ambulance with Elena and spent the entire ride to the hospital in silence to mourn over the loss of our parents.

~ ~ ~ Four months later ~ ~ ~

I've been staring at myself in the mirror as I got ready for school when I got distracted tying up my hair. I remember when I was just a little girl my mother would always help braid my hair when I couldn't. I actually knew how but I purposely said I couldn't so mom could do it because she did it so much better.

But I stopped asking for her help as I got older, the last time she braid my hair was when I was 10. I never asked her to help again after that, and now I guess I never will.