Friday Night Bites

Laura's POV

I hitched a ride with Bonnie and Elena today because Caroline totally bailed on me. The whole ride to school Bonnie's been telling Elena that something was a little off about Stefan but Elena didn't believe her.

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow." She told her. "You were the one who said to go for it." Elena said.

"Now I'm saying take it slow." She said. I frown at her strange behaviour. "Why the about-face?" I asked.

"It's not an about-face. Elena's single for the first time in her entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." She trying to get out of the topic.

"Oh, because I'm so that girl. Seriously, what are you not saying?" Elena asked. Bonnie wasn't sure if she should say or not. "It's stupid." She said.

She tried to walk away but Elena grabbed her. "Bonnie..."

"What?"

"Just spit it out." I told her.

"I accidentally touched Stefan. And I got a really bad feeling." She explained to us but we didn't really catch the problem of it.

"That's it?" I asked and she tried to walk away but I pulled her back. "Wait, Bonnie.

"It was bad bad!" She insisted.

"Are you saying that because you saw something psychic? Okay, what did you see?" I asked her. "It's nothing. I can't explained it." She avoided the question.

"Come on, Bonnie." Elena tried to get her to talk.

"You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." She tried to brush it off as a concern.

And I can't believe Elena actually bought it. "And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you you know what? Stefan is a big part of that." Elena said breathing in air as if she's starting her life again.

We were walking when Stefan came out of nowhere and to say good morning to us but Bonnie freaked out at him. "Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone. So I'll see you guys later." She said and ran off.

"Bonnie, wait..." Elena called out to her but she left.

"She doesn't like me very much." Stefan figured. "She doesn't hate you, Stefan. She just-- doesn't know you very well." I told him.

"Yeah, she's our best friend. She's just looking out for me. But when she gets to know you, she will love you." Elena told him.

"Won't that make you jealous?" I asked her and she slapped me in the arm. Stefan just laughed at my joke.

"I'll go talk to her." I said and head inside.

I caught up to Bonnie and we were head to my least favourite class. It was going to be even more torturous after my lashing out last week. When Tanner walked into the room he gave me a disgusted look.

"What was that all about?" Bonnie asked me. "Arrogant and Single." I muttered and sat down in my seat.

Bonnie laughed at my joke and sat in hers, Tanner must have heard me because he was drilling holes at me. I was counting on it.

"World War II ended in...?" He asked looking around the class but no one bothered to answer.

I noticed Elena and Stefan were whispering and flirting with each other. You could literally hear them. "Psst. FYI.,.our team sucks. They could use you." Elena whispered. "I can't. I'm a loner." He whispered back making me sigh out a laughter.