The Last Dance

Third Person's POV

Laura had just come out of the committee meeting and was at her locker getting her books out when she got a call from Damon. "Hey, Damon, how did it go?" She asked holding the phone between her ear and shoulder.

"Awful, I was almost denied entry into my own home." He said sounding rather unhappy about it.

Today was the day the Salvatore brothers hand over the deed to their house to the Gilbert sisters. They invited a lawyer to conduct the transfer title but only Elena came with Bonnie since Laura was forced to attend the committee meeting with Caroline.

"I'm sorry, Caroline was going to kill me if I didn't go to today's meeting. I've been bailing for two weeks already." Laura explained and grabbed her phone from her shoulder after getting her books out.

"But it should be fine now, it won't matter whether the house is in both our names or just one. It'll still be a safe house for us." She said.

"Elena didn't invite me in until I promised to do everything she asked without keeping any secrets from her." Damon continues to complain.

Laura just laughed it off. "Obviously you were lying." She said knowing Damon all too well. "Her judgements have always been poor, I would be an idiot to obey her." He said.

Laura let out another laugh. "Hey, there's going to be a dance tonight. Would you like to go with me?" She asked excitedly.

"Is this another decade dance? Damon asked sounding bored of the idea. "Yep, the 60s. You'd probably have clothes from that decade won't you?" She teased.

"Ugh, those ten years where the most boring years of my life. It was so dull, much like you sister." Damon said getting a surprised response from Laura. "You said it not me." She laughed.

"So are you going or not?" Laura asked. Damon let out a sigh before answering. "Fine, I guess I can go."

A smile spread across Laura face. "Okay, I'll see you later." She said and hung up the phone heading off to class.

Laura entered the classroom and found Elena and Stefan sitting at their desk. She walked up to them and showed them the flyer to the decade dance.

"Hey, any of you guys interested in going to this?" She asked all excitedly. Elena looked at the flyer with interest. "The 60s? Is that tonight?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's going to be fun. We hired the same DJ as last time, he's so popular these days, it was almost impossible to book him." Laura said.

"I wanna go." Elena said then turned to Stefan. "Yeah, I'm don't." He said a getting an immediate frown from the girls.

"Oh come on. Damon's going." Laura said. He shook his head refusing to go. "Do you also think this is a dull period?" Laura asked.

"It's not because I think it's a dull period, which is was, I just think it's not safe for guys to put yourself out there." Stefan said being a worrywart.

His response was a buzzkill to the girls. Laura looked at Elena with dissatisfaction and turned to Bonnie. "Hey, Bonnie." She got her attention and showed her the flyer getting a positive response from her.

Bonnie nod with interest. The girls look back at Stefan and smiled, Stefan shook his head defeatedly.

The bell rang for every student to rush to class before the teacher got there first. Alaric Saltzman entered the class and set his textbooks on the desk to start the lesson.

"Hello Class!"

The problem was it wasn't Alaric they were seeing, it was Klaus possessing his body to infiltrate the gang.