Children of the Damned

Laura's POV

The last few days have been hectic; that vampire who stalked us was dead but he had other people working with him, which made the whole situation a lot more complicated and continuous.

Other than that I have Damon toying with my feelings; one minute he's being a jerk and tossing my feelings aside like it was nothing to him, then he's being nice and protecting me the next. I just don't understand him.

I took a shower and wrapped myself in the towel before walking back into my room to pick out my clothes when I heard a smutty voice.

"You smell nice."

I was startled when I saw Damon sitting by the window seat with his usual smirk looking at me. "Damon! What the hell are you doing in my room?" I squealed softly.

I was cautious not to raise my voice because I didn't want anyone to find him in my room and I was naked in a just towel. He was staring at me pervertedly with his eyes so I tried to cover myself up but it wasn't working at all.

"Hmm. I can totally see why Tyler Lockwood wanted to have sex with you. You do have a nice body." He smirked checking me up and down making me nervous.

Suddenly Damon got up and came over to me making me even more nervous to cover up from his gaze. I don't know why but having him watching me was stirring a tingling feeling in me.

I could feel him burning his eyes into me and I starting to blush.

"Get out!"

"If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it." He said and I stare at him stunned. He's unbelievable. I forgot he's a total playboy.

"What do you want Damon?" I turned away and went over to my closet. "Listen I have some very important business to discuss." Damon started.

"And this has to be right now?" I look at him annoyed. "Well, we have lots to do, now that we are in a very complicated relationship." He wriggled his brow and smirked at me.

"We had a relationship going?" I fake a surprised voice. "Never noticed, I didn't think you were over Katherine yet since you've been obsessed with her for century and a half." I said cynically.

"Hmm." He responded unpleasantly at my remark. "I thought you'd like to help considering we both have the same common goal; me getting out of this wretched town with Katherine." He explained and sat down on my bed.

"And why can't you ask Stefan for this?" I asked flicking through my wardrobe for a casual dress to wear because of the hot weather.

"I don't trust him cos A: we don't like each other and B: same as A." Damon said and I rolled my eyes at him. After picking out a dress I turned around to meet his face right up close to mine, his eyes were staring down at me and our lips were close to touching.

"I only trust you." He gazed into my eyes which stirred my heart up when he looked at like that. "What makes you think I can trust you?" I asked him quavering from his look.

Damon brushed the side of my face and traced his fingers along my cheek to my lips. He traced over them gently as he gazed me carefully. "Because I know you're in love with me." He said.

I stare at him stunned. "So you're going to use my feelings against me? Clever." I shoot a glare at him. "Fine, use me all you want then throw me away like trash when you're done. But I will make you regret it." I declared and he swallowed.

He falter at my declaration but he quickly regain from it and smirked. "I'll do just that then. For now I need you to get me Jonathan Gilbert's journal, once I have it then I will know where Emily's grimoire is." He explained.