Blood Brothers

*This chapter was originally left out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

Ever since that night Elena's been staying over at the Boarding house to watch over Stefan's behaviour. I came to pick her up because she needed to get a change of clothes. We were in the library when I noticed Damon examining the strange object Pearl gave him a few nights ago.

"Did you ever figure out what that is?" I walked up to look at the object over his shoulder. "Nope. Whatever it is, it doesn't work." He said boredly disappointed at the piece of junk Pearl gave him.

"Pearl didn't say anything else about it?" Elena asked stuffing her dirty clothes in the bag. "She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but that was a pocket watch. That Johnathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist." Damon commented.

He turned to us. "Have you spoken to your uncle lately?"

"Nope, I've been staying here for most nights if you haven't noticed." Elena said cynically, her attitude towards Damon haven't changed at all. "I've been avoiding him." I replied.

"So, you'll be here again tonight?" Damon asked Elena. She looked at him. "Is that a problem?" Damon looked at her hard. "Yes. You're a complete nuisance."

Elena glared at him and shook her head. It was pretty obvious that they were never going to get along since she hates him for everything that he's caused so far. Damon can't stand her because she's so annoying, he's only putting up with her for his brother and me.

"Stop fighting, you two." I told them off and turned to Elena. "Come on, let's go." I told her and she hurried after me to the door.

"See you later." Damon called out to me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled as I walked out the door.

~ ~ ~

I was in my room waiting for Elena to pack a new bag of clothes when Elena called me from her room. I grumpily walked over to her. "What?" I sounded snappy.

"Can you asked Damon what type of animal blood Stefan likes?" She asked me and I raised a brow at her. "You want to go hunting on innocent animals to feed your boyfriend?" I asked.

She grabbed random clothes from the drawers and stuffed them in her bag. "I have to get him back into his old diet." She said. Okay, I get that but... "Why do I have to ask him?" I complained.

"Because I can't stand Damon." Elena stated and I roll my eyes at her.

"Fine." I walked back into my room and picked up my phone to call Damon. He picked up within the first ring. "Damon Salvatore, how may I help you?" He said in a voice like one of those deskwork callers.

"We're coming over after Elena's done grabbing some clothes. How's Stefan?" I asked him. "Extra broody. Hold on." There was a short pause from him, it sounded like he was on the line with another person.

"He won't eat anything." Damon answered after putting me on hold for two seconds. "Are you even trying, Damon?" I asked knowing he won't put much effort to help take care of his brother.

"Uh, yes. He's just being stubborn." Damon said and I sighed deeply. "Elena wants me to ask you what is Stefan's favourite.... Um..." I couldn't bring myself to ask the question because I love animals.

"His favorite kind of what?" Damon asked clearly knowing what I was asking from him. I could tell he was smirking on the other end. I groaned in annoyance. "Ugh, you know what I mean. What's his favourite type of animal blood?" I asked.