As I Lay Dying

Hey guys,

So I've spent the last couple of weeks updating this book and re-posting it back for you guys. 

For those that have read this before  I took it down, you may have noticed I have changed some of the plotting. I did that because the original version just somehow didn't make any sense. It was like... "Why did I do that?" 

But now that I went over it, it's slowly making sense. I know that by doing so may have mismatched with the second book in some areas but I did my best to get it work.

If it doesn't I will slowly fix it. 

But don't worry! 

I won't take it don't like I did with this one. I will finish writing it and leave it up and fix them behind the scene. So don't worry.

I know some of you guys are hoping I would hurry up and update the other two books already. And I will. 

I'll be working on them as soon as I'm finished here.

So enjoy and please leave a comment.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Damon's POV

It's been about two days since the ritual... and I was dying. It was only a matter of time before I had to tell Laura the bad news. But how could I break her heart when she just lost two people in her life.

Laura was asleep in my arms as I laid next to her in her bed. She asked me to stay, so I did. She was sleeping soundly when I started feeling pain in my arm.

I bit my lip and endured the pain because I didn't want to wake her up. I carefully pulled my arm away from under her head. I lightly brushed the back of my hand on her soft cheek.

"I love you." I said to her softly and kissed her lips.

"Goodbye."

I quietly slipped out of her bed and walked out of her house.

I went home and opened a bottle of scotch from the cabinet, I poured myself a glass and drank from it.

In my entire life, I loved only two women, both with the same faces. And only one truly loved me. Laura loved me in spite of everything I am and every awful thing I did, and this was how I was going to leave her.

I really am a terrible person.

From the moment I met her I have made her cry more times than I can count. I am always the source of her tears when all I ever want to do is make her happy.

But in the end, I couldn't.

I was feeling pain in my arm again, I rolled up my sleeve and looked at my werewolf bite. It was definitely getting worse. It meant I didn't have much time left.

I went up to the window and opened the curtains to let the sun shine upon my face. I drank the last of my scotch and set it down. I stood in front of the window and slowly took off my ring and dropped it on the floor.

I spread my arms out and let myself burn in the sunlight. It was painful but this was probably what I deserve.

Suddenly, Stefan came out of nowhere and pushed me out of the sunlight. He pushed me to the floor. "Get off of me." I tried to push him off but he vamped me to the wall.

"You're not doing this." He said. I rolled my eyes at him. "Just did."

Stefan vamped us to the hallway. "You know what happened to Rose, Stefan." I told him weakly. "I don't care." He glared and then vamped us down to the basement and threw me inside a cell.