Family Ties

Third Person's POV

Laura was woken up by a noise and she jumped out of bed believing that it must be Jeremy who just got home. She walked up to the stairs and looked down.

"Jeremy?"

There was no response and it was quiet, she heard faint noises downstairs and decided to go check it out. "Hello?"

She tried to turn on the light but the power was out and the sound from the television caught her attention. She walked into the living room.

"This is Logan Fell coming to you live from the streets of Mystic Falls with break news of another deadly animal attack. The wild animal terrorizing the citizens of Mystic Falls has claimed another victim, local high school student Laura Gilbert."

A single photo of Laura was shown on screen claiming she was another victim to the animal attacks when she was clearly still alive. She glared at the screen mortified and breathed heavily.

"Police are certain that forensic evidence will confirm that this is the same animal responsible for recent attacks."

She stared at the screen shaking her head in fear, she was afraid of what was going to happen to her now that the public believed she was dead.

"You know what's coming next." A voice frightened her.

It was Damon.

She ran to the front door to escape but Damon was standing there blocking her way. She screamed and slammed the door in his face. She turned back to the stairs but he grabbed her and bit her neck.

She screamed in terror.

"Ahh!"

Stefan woke up from his nightmare sitting up abruptly and he was sweating from his forehead down to his neck. He looked up and saw his brother sitting across the room.

"Bad dream? Do you know how easy it was to get into you head just now?" Damon smirked. It was him who planted the horrible dream in his head and Stefan wasn't happy about it.

"You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field." He smirked at his sarcasm. "Football reference. Too soon?"

Stefan was clearly angry at Damon for what he recklessly did with the football coach, he ran over to his desk and threw a knife at Damon's stomach. He wasn't in any pain and casually pulled the knife out effortlessly.

"All right, I deserve that. But I just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit. The animal responsible for killing coach Tanner and all those people." Damon let his brother know much to his surprise.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"It was a mountain lion. Really big one. It attacked a hunter this morning. It's all over the news. 'Deadly beast captured. All's well in Mystic Falls'." Damon said making the signs with his hand at the title.

Stefan frowned suspicious of his brother's intentions. "Why would you cover your tracks?" He asked.

He walked around the room. "I've decided to stay a while. And I'm just having way too much fun here with you and Elena and... Laura." He said wriggling her brow at her name.

"You can't touch her now." Stefan said confidently.

Damon only smirked. "Well, the vervain keeps me out of her head. Maybe that's not my target." He smirked having other intentioned with the younger sister. "Believe it or not, Stefan, some girls don't need my persuasion. Some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style and my charm and my unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift."