Klaus

Laura's POV

Elena and I have been sitting by the door waiting for Elijah to wake up, it's been hours since I took out the dagger but he has yet to wake up. I got bored of wait so I used the dagger to draw on the ground.

"Do you think we could trust him?" Elena spoke breaking the silence. I look at her before glancing at Elijah. "We don't have a choice. He maybe our only shot." I told her.

I wasn't sure if I could trust Elijah or not but after seeing Klaus possessing Alaric's body, I got scared. I might be risking everything just by waking Elijah but what other choice do we have.

But that's not the only reason why I wanted to wake him. There's something else I want to know.

"I'm sorry." Elena suddenly blurted getting a confused look from me. "What are you apologising for?" I asked.

"For being a pain in the ass lately." She said. I raise a brow at her. Oh, so you finally realised that. "I know you hate the idea of me dying and I'm sorry for not thinking about how you feel."

I know the moment was supposed to be touching and heart-warming but it was just something I'm not use to. It felt alright if I said it, but at the right moment, but not when someone was saying it to me.

"It's fine. As long as we're still family, there'll be moments where you annoy me and I annoy you. But in the end we'll still keep each other safe." I told her showing a small smile.

Elena grabbed me by the hands with a warm smile.

Suddenly Elijah gasped for air jerking his body startling the both of us, we rushed over to his side when he continued to thrash around.

He was hyperventilating and I tried to get him be quiet because the boys might hear us. "Elijah, you're going to be okay." I whispered.

He stared at me in shock. "Tatia."

Third Person's POV

Mystic Falls 10th Century

"Elijah!" Rebekah called out to her elder brother. "Come meet my friend, she's wonderful." She said tugging at his sleeve with a bright smile.

"Rebekah, as I am pleased to hear that you've finally made acquaintances, there's no need to be overly joyous about the matter." Elijah spoke with courteous.

"Oh, drop the noble act and come with me." She said dragging him along.

Being forced to go, Elijah followed his sisters along the river until he noticed a woman standing in the distance. She was dressed in a green dress with a belt tied loosely at her waist and her hair in multiple braids.

"Tatia!"

The woman turned around to Rebekah and Elijah as they approached her and she gave them a gentle smile.

"Hello." Her voice laced with sweetness and a graceful accent.

Elijah was stunned by the allure radiating from the beauty in front of him, the way she smiled at him, the way her eyes looked at him, her sweet and polite voice. Everything about her was alluring to him. His heart almost stopped.

Laura's POV

Present day

He called me by that name again. I shook my head. "Elijah, it's me. It's Laura." I held my finger to my lips telling him to calm down but he was breathing uncontrollably.

"Oh my god." He gasped.

Third Person's POV

Mystic Falls 10th Century