Memory Lane

~ ~ ~ Lockwood Mansion, 1864 ~ ~ ~

Stefan's POV

"Look who found his dancing shoes." Katherine said as we danced without touching each other, I tried to kiss her when she pulled away. "Ah, no touching, Mr Salvatore. Those are the rules." She point to warn me lightly. I scoff and behaved myself. "I thought you didn't believe in rules." Katherine only giggled giving me her seductive look.

The council was holding the very first Founder's Party at the Lockwood mansion and I had the honors to be Katherine's escort. We were dancing when I spot Damon sliently watching us from the side in despair. I felt bad for my brother but I wasn't sorry I got the girl. "My brother is still upset that you chose me to escort you." I smirked.

"Well, Damon needs to concede that his younger brother is a better dancer." Katherine looked at him "Looks like he found someone to occupy his time." She said. I turn back and saw Damon standing next to... Laura? What's going on?

Laura stood out from the crowd because she was wearing modern clothes but everyone was acting like she belong. She took Damon's hand and smiled at him, they gazed into each other's eyes like they were the only two people left in the world. Why is she smiling like that? Something inside of me didn't like what I was seeing.

Damon cups Laura's hand in his chest when she looked at me and smirked. "Laura?" She ignored me and went with Damon to another room. I went after them when Katherine tried to stop me. "Stefan don't." I didn't listen to her and ran after them. "Laura!"

I opened the door to stop them but somehow I was at the Grill wearing modern clothes. I look around and found Laura standing at the pool table staring at me. "It's your turn." She held the cue stick to me. I smiled and start to walk over when Damon walked in front of me and joined her. "Be prepared to lose." He hands her a drink and kissed her.

My heart sank just watching those two together, I know I'm with Elena right now but it was irritating just to watch Laura be happy with Damon. They stop kissing but then Laura looked at me and pulled another smirk, it was as if she was rubbing it in my face she was with Damon. She then pointed in a direction, I followed where she was pointing and found Elena sitting at a table with Matt, they were having fun talking when Elena kissed Matt. My heart crumbled at the betrayal.

"It hurts doesn't it?" I turn back and Katherine was standing next to me wearing her ball gown. I turn back to them with a look of anguish. "Now you know how I feel. Don't fight it Stefan. You loved me once. You can love me again." Katherine made me look at her and brought her lips to mine when I resisted and look back at Laura and Damon.

Damon leans over Laura's body holding onto her hands to teach her how to play, he kissed her cheek as they snuggle close. At that moment I had the urge to go over there and pull her away from him. I was about to when Katherine grabbed my hand. "I love you, Stefan."

I turn back and I was back in 1864 at the Lockwood mansion with Katherine. "We'll be together again, I promise." She said and touched my face leaning in to kiss me, this time I didn't resist and let her kiss me. She pulled away and leaned into my shoulder.

~ ~ ~ Present day ~ ~ ~

I wake up with a jolt and let out a relief that it was just a dream, half of my body was heavy because Elena was sleeping next to me with her head on my chest. "Hey, are you okay?" She asked. "Yeah, bad dream. Get back to sleep." She snuggled against me and I tried to go back to sleep. Hang on, Elena's at home right now.

Noticing something wasn't right I vamp speed out of bed and glared at the woman lying in my bed. "Katherine." She sat up and smirked at my reaction. "You have to admit, I am getting better at this."