Bloodlines

Laura's POV

As the vampire came towards me I frantically tug at my seat belt trying to get free but it was stuck. My breath was shaky and I was panicking to get away from him. He was about to get to me and I let out an ear piercing scream.

Before he could do anything he ran away from my sight and I was able to let out my breath when I was frightened by another figure. I let out another scream and looked away.

"How you doing in there?" I turned back and saw Damon's face.

"Damon." I cried out his name unintentionally. I was so glad to see him after that terrible encounter but then I wasn't. Not after what I discovered about how I look like Katherine.

"You're stuck." He said looking at me.

I don't want to see him, especially not when I was stuck like this. "Go away. I don't want to see you." I cried both from the pain from the injury but mostly from my heart break. "I can't, you'll die if I leave you like this." He said.

I hate to admit it but he was right, the blood was rushing to my head and I was starting to feel a little dizzy. "You okay?" Damon asked.

"It's my seatbelt." I told him.

"Shh Shh Shh." He calmed me down with his voice then ripped open the door. "I'm gonna get you out of here. I want you to put you hands on the roof." He instructed.

I whimpered in pain and did as I was told and put my hands on top of tiny broken glass. "Just like that. You ready?" He asked and I nodded.

"1, 2, 3." He counted and ripped my seatbelt off.

I was falling when Damon caught me in his arms and carried me out of the car. "I got you." He said. I felt warm in his embrace. "Are you okay? Can you stand? Anything broken?" He asked me carefully.

"Put me down." I demanded weakly.

He carefully set me on my feet and helped me to stand but I was too weak to stand and collapsed. Damon caught me and held me upright. He brushed back my hair and stroked my face.

"Laura, look at me. Focus. Look at me." He grabbed my chin and made me look at him.

I look into his blue eyes and saw concern and worry in them. Why do you bother to care about me when you don't look at me as Laura?

"I look like her." I said softly.

He looked at me confused. "What?

Before I could say anything else I was consumed by darkness.

~ ~ ~ Morning ~ ~ ~

I flutter my eyes open slowly and adjust to the light, the scenery in front of me was an open field and it moving quickly. I realised I was in a car and the person driving was Damon. "Morning!" He smirked when he saw me waking up.

"Urgh, where are we?" I rub my head from the soreness. "Georgia." Damon answered and I looked at him surprised.

"Georgia? No, no. No, we're not." I said frantically not believing it. "Damon, seriously, where are we?"

He chuckled. "Seriously, we're in Georgia." He said, he didn't look like he was joking at all. I groan at the pain in my head and he looked over with concern. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Terrible. I crashed my car." I complained, it was my favourite car my dad got me for my sixteenth. "There's no broken bones, I checked." Damon reassured me.

I start to remember l what happened to me last night and how I ended up with Damon. "My car... there was a man and I hit him!" I snapped my eyes wide after recalling everything. "Damon, I killed him but then he--- who was that?" I asked.