There Goes the Neighbourhood

*This chapter was originally left out.

Hey guys,

I will apologise beforehand that it is a very short chapter because it was very rushed and wasn't particularly my favourite chapter.

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

It's been a few days since the fundraising and I haven't seen Damon since then, more like I've been avoiding him. That night Alaric tried to kill Damon but he got killed instead, however the strangest thing was Alaric coming back to life as human. We believe it's the ring Isobel gave him brought him back.

Yep, our lives just gets more mysterious by the day.

We were at school when Stefan told us how Damon's been dealing these days, and it was the same old answer. At this point I wasn't that worried about him like I use to because it was Damon's twisted way of depression.

"Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him he shuts me down." Stefan explained to us at Elena's locker.

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" She asked in a snappy tone.

"I don't know. He waited a hundred and forty five years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean it's gotta hurt, right?" He said trying to be sympathetic for Damon. I rolled my eyes at it.

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." Elena snidely mocks him. She was still upset over the ordeal about Damon killing our birth mother.

"Let it go, Elena. He's not going to change." I look at her tirelessly at her attitude.

"You have every reason to be upset with him." Stefan told Elena and she nodded. He looked at both of us. "Have you guys thought any more about what you're going to do?" He asked.

"About what? Isobel, our vampire birth mother, who's related to our vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother? Nah...I haven't thought about it at all." She said sarcastically.

Stefan smiled sheepishly at her. "I'm sorry I brought it up."

She sighed heavily. "It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire mother or brother." She said being hopeful about it but I doubt that's going to happen for her.

Stefan look at her sideways with a grin. "No vampires at all?" He asked and she smirked. "No vampires but you."

They flirt with each other and I turn away to gag at them. "Ugh, now I'm getting sick."

They laughed at me and looked at each other affectionately again. "I just want to get us back to normal stuff like school and homework and here's a thought: fun." Elena suggested.

Stefan looked interested. "Ooh, that sounds good to me, when do we start?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes at their lovey-dovey affair that I don't have. "Okay, while you guys think of some 'normal romantic' things to do I'm gonna head off to class." I said and walked away in huff to get to class.

~ ~ ~

Once school was over we were at our lockers getting ready to go home when Caroline came up to us with a terrible suggestion. Well, for me. "I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the grill maybe a late movie." She suggested to get Elena and Stefan interested.