The Sacrifice

Laura's POV

I was getting ready for school when I noticed a few of my things missing. I was trying to look for my favourite necklace when I couldn't find it anywhere. I let out a frustrated sigh. "Elena!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "What?" She yelled back and came into my room. "Did you take my necklace?" I look at her accusingly.

She did this all the time when we were kids, she would always steal my clothes. That's one of the downside of having a twin or any sister who thinks they can fit your clothes even though they don't. I never take any of her clothes because there's nothing I can take from her closet.

Elena frowned. "No, did you take my stuff?" She asked. I scrunched my face at her question. "No, there's nothing in your room for me to take. You have the worst taste." I mocked and she rolled her eyes.

"Forget it, I'll find something else." I went back to my dressing table to put on my earrings. "Did hear something last night?" I asked Elena when she didn't go back to her room. I heard some noise last night but I was too tired to get out of bed and check on it.

"Yea, that was Alaric and Jenna, they were..." She trailed off and that's when I the picture so she didn't have to finish it. "Well, if Jenna's happy then I am happy." I said picking out a random but alright necklace.

At this moment the doorbell rang. "Who's that?" I asked. "I don't know." Elena replied before going downstairs to answer the door.

After I finish getting ready I went downstairs and saw Damon and Stefan with a serious look. "What's going on?" I asked. "We went to see Katherine." Damon said.

The boys just went to see Katherine to get the moonstone back but as expected it wasn't easy. They couldn't get it without getting themselves trapped in the tomb and Katherine wasn't kind enough to just throw it to them. If we want that moonstone from her we had to let her out which wasn't up for discussion.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena asked them. "No, of course not. We just want the moonstone." Damon said throwing an orange between his hands.

"Maybe you shouldn't have put it in there with her in the first." I look at him as if it was stupid move which it was because now we need it. "I didn't think it was that important to keep with us." He reasoned. "Katherine wanted it. If she wants something it's all the more reason not to give it to her!" I argued with him.

"Guys, come on." Stefan looked at us sternly to get back on track. "According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." He explained.

"No spell, no doppelganger sacrifice. Ergo, you both get to live" Damon said which brought me hope. "How do you destroy it?" I asked. "By releasing it from the moonstone." Stefan answered leaning over the table.

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?" Elena asked with uncertainty. "Cause we have a crafty witch on our side." Damon answered. "You discussed it with Bonnie." Elena said after realising they already spoke to Bonnie before talking to us.

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us." Stefan said. "But Katherine has the moonstone and she's not going to hand it over." I pointed out. "What are we going to do?" I start to pace the room.

"We're gonna get it." Stefan assured me. "Well, what he means to say is, we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to." Damon said looking as though he was ready to do it which I was totally fine with.

"Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone, and get out in time for her to return it." Stefan explained the details of the plan. "Sounds like a great plan." I said readily agreeing with them.