The Turning Point

Laura's POV

It's been a rough couple of days I could barely sleep properly after what happened the other night. I touched the place where Damon bit me and could still feel his fangs lingering in the area, it hurt but it doesn't compare to the aching in my heart.

Stefan was leaving so it's likely Damon's leaving with him. He didn't have a reason to stay after he lost his chance to get Katherine out of the tomb.

But I just wish he wasn't leaving.

For the past few days everything was made clear to me that Damon's a bad person and I should stay away from him.... But I can't help how I feel.

I'm in love with Damon.

I came down to the kitchen with Aunt Jenna to have breakfast before heading off to school. I took out the cereal box and poured it out into a bowl. I grabbed the milk and add it to the mixture and sat down at the table and stuffed myself to get over the dreariness.

Just as I finish up Elena came down looking excited about something. "Jeremy's got his sketchpad out." She said softly. "You're kidding?" Aunt Jenna was surprised and so was I.

"Nope."

"That's good to hear." I said looking upstairs to his room. "But don't anything, the minute we encourage he'll put it away." Elena said.

Ever since our parents died Jeremy refused to draw again. It was a talent everyone loved but he lost his motivation when they died. I was just happy he's drawing again, it must mean he's found a meaning to live again.

"Psychology major. Check that." Jenna said.

I look over to Elena who was looking through her phone messages with a hopeful look. "Anything from Stefan yet?" I asked her.

She shook her head disappointedly and I look at her sympathetic. "What are you going to do?" I asked.

She sighed deeply before answering. "Stefan knows how I feel and where I stand and I know where he stands but it doesn't matter. He's leaving, moving away." Elena said buttoning up her jacket.

"Where is he going?" Jenna asked.

"I've stopped asking questions. The answers get scary." She said walking to open the door to leave. The three of us leave the house together for our respective places to go. "Yours leave mine returns." Jenna scoffed as I closed the door behind us.

"Logan?" Elena asked.

"He's back?" I said in surprise.

"Yep, but I didn't let him past my door." Jenna told us. "I hope you slammed it in his face." Elena said.

I was walking behind them thinking to myself. "That can't be right." I said. Stefan said Damon killed him. Logan should be dead.

"Three strikes rule, Jenna. You not even allowed to watch the news." Elena ignored the issue at hand and walked with Jenna. "Exactly, no more Logan 'Scum' Fell." Jenna said turning over a new leaf.

I continue to walk behind them being confused with the issue.

~ ~ ~

The three of us head went together to the town square and went separate ways when we got to Jenna's work place. Elena and I continued walking to school when we bumped into Bonnie along the way. We walked into the hall and saw Caroline and Matt together. They were... close.

"Did we miss something?" Elena asked "They've been hanging out." Bonnie answered as we look at them being all friendly.

"Kinda weird, don't you think?" Elena said staring at them.